RCL Towel Policy All Wet

musicfam

I don't see what's easier about packing and transporting your own towels . . . and then having no way to wash them onboard. How many towels would you bring for a whole week?

>>>>snip>>>

Mrs Pete, We dont mind bringing our own. I never suggested it was "easier" to bring your own. Thats not how I meant my comment to read to others. I was merely stating what WE do, and yes, we find it suits our on board lifestyle just fine. :) As for washing, we send them to the laundry on board to be washed when necessary. Its convenient and cheap. We take one each.

For a long cruise we will also take things like a pop up hamper. We also tote our own hand soap for the bathroom which I know most dont.

Different strokes for different folks. :D:) We like having all the comforts of home...

(PS: We did this BEFORE the towel policy changed.)

I They did it because people were stealing.

I find that hard to believe, its not like those towels are a great souvenir like some cruise lines show in their commercials. They are worse than most Holiday Inn towels.

I find that hard to believe, its not like those towels are a great souvenir like some cruise lines show in their commercials. They are worse than most Holiday Inn towels.

HaHa. I have to agree. The towels they changed from were not good towels! I actually saw them a few years ago at a store (Burlington, it is like a TJMaxx/Marshalls type store) and I bought two of them for guests to use at our hot tub!! They are cheap towels and I doubt anyone would have ever wanted to lift them and take them home! Altho, we all know the nature of folks. :cool:

Plus, no one really knows why they changed the towels, so those who insist they did it because folks were stealing, well, that just isnt factual.

HaHa. I have to agree. The towels they changed from were not good towels! I actually saw them a few years ago at a store (Burlington, it is like a TJMaxx/Marshalls type store) and I bought two of them for guests to use at our hot tub!! They are cheap towels and I doubt anyone would have ever wanted to lift them and take them home! Altho, we all know the nature of folks. :cool:

Plus, no one really knows why they changed the towels, so those who insist they did it because folks were stealing, well, that just isnt factual.

Thank you! I do believe they get lost, taken on-shore, I've even seen someone wipe up a spill using them then throwing them in a trash can on the pool deck.

Mrs Pete, We dont mind bringing our own. I never suggested it was "easier" to bring your own. Thats not how I meant my comment to read to others. I was merely stating what WE do, and yes, we find it suits our on board lifestyle just fine. :) As for washing, we send them to the laundry on board to be washed when necessary. Its convenient and cheap. We take one each.

For a long cruise we will also take things like a pop up hamper. We also tote our own hand soap for the bathroom which I know most dont.

Different strokes for different folks. :D:) We like having all the comforts of home...

(PS: We did this BEFORE the towel policy changed.)

I'm glad it works for you, but how do you get around the issue of being towel-less in the time it takes for the laundry to be returned to you? All the comforts of home (for me) would include having a clean towel at my fingertips whenever I want it -- not when the cabin steward returns my laundry. I'm thinking you must not use many towels in the first place.
I agree completely, but some people will steal ANYTHING.

I remember a few years ago, there was a post about a TA who stole 9 towels off an inaugural cruise (Freedom?) ... and was very proud of herself!!

I don't know why people steal towels from hotels or resorts or ships ... but they do!

and the rest of us have to pay for it ... sometimes literally ...

Boterry and Bailey, if you are so unhappy about sailing in RCI, then don't continue to sail on them and complain. There and many other cruiselines would be happy to take your money. I have not had a single problem with them and think they run a first class operation. They have the best ships around and the service is wonderful. These companies do things for reasons we may not understand. But is the way the world operates these days.

Couldn't agree with you more, we all choose where to spend our $$$.

Also glad to hear you haven't had a problem - nobody wants those :D

It seems to me that bailey must cruise on the cheap or something to feel it so necessary to bash in this way. Its appalling.............sometimes folks like that poster need to sensor themselves so mild mannered folks (like me) dont go off on a RANT and think less and less of people.

LMAO - so let's see.........

Someone posts comments about a particular company policy and that's "appalling" but engaging in a personal attack by calling someone cheap is just fine.

Personally I find posts where people can't engage in a discussion without resorting to personal attacks or are utterly intolerant of opinions that differ from my own a bit more "appalling" (quotes because I reserve the real use of those words for something a bit more serious than an internet post).......................but that's just me.

Should everyone sensor themselves or just those with which you disagree?

But I understand, people get really defensive about companies in which that have invested a good deal of money.................cars, electronics, appliances...........forums may change but human nature does not.

Couldn't agree with you more, we all choose where to spend our $$$.

Also glad to hear you haven't had a problem - nobody wants those :D

>>>>>

Should everyone sensor themselves or just those with which you disagree?**Only those who chose to use ugly words.

But I understand, people get really defensive about companies in which that have invested a good deal of money.................cars, electronics, appliances............

RollingEyesSmiley5.gif

I hate the towel policy but I LOVE your attitude!

Bet you love shoes too :D

Just a thought. Maybe RCI wants to cut down on all the extra work rounding up towels left on chairs? Or... as a deterent to chair hogs as was already mentioned on this thread? I just cannot believe people actually take those towels home with them :eek: I would love to know how many towels were taken on any one given 7 night cruise before the towel policy went into effect.

May I ask, where did you find quick dry towels? They sound ideal for beach excursions.....

Not sure this what the poster meant but I have a special micro fiber ultra absorbant towel for drying my hair. It's the size of a hand towel (not bath size) and it's super thin but soaks up much more water than a thick luxurious towel. I can't wash my hair without it and wherever I travel it goes with me. I purchased it either in Bed Bath and Beyond or Kohl's. There's a website on the label; earththerapeutics dot com. item #5501

Hope this helps.

Thanks! :)

It seems to me that bailey must cruise on the cheap or something to feel it so necessary to bash in this way. Its appalling, I have to admit. I cant beleive the words this poster used, I dont get it. Does anyone else? Not to flare anyone but i'd love a clarification of what that post even meant!!!!!! Its not a commonly used phrase and apparently their own rendition of some hatred, ghetto chicken cruise or ghetto cruise line, I mean REALLY????? Sometimes folks need to USE THEIR SOCIAL FILTERS AND NOT POST certain thoughts. My DH and I pay a lot for our cruises and I resent posts like that. 2 balcony cabins and thousands pre cruise and thousands for our on board bills,,really...sometimes folks like that poster need to sensor themselves so mild mannered folks (like me) dont go off on a RANT and think less and less of people. :D:D

CruiseDivaNJ, I couldn't agree with you more!! I have no idea why someone would use such a ridiculous inflammatory statement on a board such as this. There is no room is society for this today anyway, but this is surely not the forum for it. If the OP does not want to cruise on RCCL, they have every right to say so, but they can surely pick a much more acceptable form of relaying their message. I have no problem with someone not having the same preference as I do, but I do like to engage in a debate that does not use such anti-social skills!

This has been a policy on every cruise line we have used. However, I don't worry about it, because there are always "pool" towels lying around in piles. So, we have two pool towels in our cabin when we get on the ship and two towels in the cabin when we leave; which may or may not be the same two towels we started with, if you get my drift.

This is not the policy on Holland America - thank goodness! They even hand you towels on your way off the boat to an excursion and you turn them in outside the boat when you return. No signing for them! No signing for them around the pool either. Just did a backtoback - first on the Grandeur, then the Eurodam - so the difference was quite noticeable. By the way, I really like both lines - just noting that little difference.

• 4 weeks later...
Simple solution, stay in a full suite and they don't check towels in and out, they just hand them to you when they see your gold card. Actually, if we're not staying in a full suite, I take my own. I have ones I've had for almost 30 years that aren't really thick and they just roll up and fit right in my suitcase. You can buy cheap ones (~$5) during summer/beach season at almost any big box store.

And for everyone saying just to go take the ones from the locker rooms, how much longer do you think that will last when more people figure it out and RCI realizes it?

Yeah, because of $25 isn't a pain worth sweating over, the cost of a suite is a piece of cake. :rolleyes:

That's like saying, "There is a solution to how hot you feel when you walk the half mile to school- buy a brand new car so you can use the AC and drive it instead!"

Archived