Nachi Cocom - Smoking/Non-Smoking?

scf1270

Does anyone know their policy? We have gotten so used to smoke-free public places that I forgot to ask this.

Have reservations at Nachi Cocom next week, and just realized that we never asked about smoking (have asthma issues :()

Thanks,

Sara

Does anyone know their policy? We have gotten so used to smoke-free public places that I forgot to ask this.

Have reservations at Nachi Cocom next week, and just realized that we never asked about smoking (have asthma issues :()

Thanks,

Sara

I don't think they have any non-smoking laws in Mexico....

I know I smoked a cigar or three both times we went to Nachi...

The restaurant is wide open, but I'd imagine no one will smoke in there.

The palapas and beach chairs are spaced far enough apart on the beach, anyone smoking next to you, should be far enough away.

Bill

I hope one day someone opens up a resort that does not allow non-smokers in cuz then you'll know how smokers feel... sorry but I'm tiered of the crazy comments... if your at a resort just don't sit or stand near anyone that is smoking if it will bother you... common sense!!!!! And from what I know on my many trips to Mexico, you can basically smoke anywhere :rolleyes:

I hope one day someone opens up a resort that does not allow non-smokers in cuz then you'll know how smokers feel... sorry but I'm tiered of the crazy comments... if your at a resort just don't sit or stand near anyone that is smoking if it will bother you... common sense!!!!! And from what I know on my many trips to Mexico, you can basically smoke anywhere :rolleyes:

Amen!!!!!!!! I have to totally agree. I can understand not smoking when I am in a building, but, if I am outside I'm not twisting anyone's arm to stand around where I am at. I wonder what they would do it they lived near a plant or had a car around them that was smoking??????

with the ocean breeze and the distance between loungers...plus the fact that between the open restaurant area (tables are spaced nicely), the swim up bat at the pool...there's plenty of space to go where you want and avoid any smoke. the only think i smelled was the food cooking in the kitchen and the ocean.

I smoked for over twenty years, and now I have asthma. I fully appreciate both sides of the smoking issue, believe me. But when a person has an asthma flare, there are many triggers and/or irritants that can exacerbate the condition. Smoke is just one of them. The aroma of certain foods when placed in the mouth, and many other factors can cause a person to cough, sometimes to the point of bronchial spasms where the person cannot get any air at all.

So please, unless you know exactly what this condition is like, don't make comments like " use common sense". Even people with medical conditions are able to and want to enjoy and experience life. Sometimes it isn't always easy. We can choose to sit or stand away from smokers, but that doesn't always mean that smokers choose to stay away from us.:)

Mary

I was just at Nachi Cocom last week and selected the last lounger on the beach, closest to the toy rentals area! We parked our bags under the palapa, after we unpacked the sunscreen, the flippers, snorkel, goggles, and placed our towels on our chairs, our drinks on the table between us and then!!!... a group of about 10 women and 1 man show up about 10 feet from us, upwind and the one man SMOKES THE CIGAR and guess where it all blows... right on us. Are we supposed to move?

Be practical and considerate! I too have asthma and am a former smoker. I understand how smokers feel but don't tell me to move after I spent all this time getting organized and there is nowhere to go but to the next beach!!!

Thanks,

Sara

I have been to Nachi several times and I can tell you, there is no non-smoking area.

I was just at Nachi Cocom last week and selected the last lounger on the beach, closest to the toy rentals area! We parked our bags under the palapa, after we unpacked the sunscreen, the flippers, snorkel, goggles, and placed our towels on our chairs, our drinks on the table between us and then!!!... a group of about 10 women and 1 man show up about 10 feet from us, upwind and the one man SMOKES THE CIGAR and guess where it all blows... right on us. Are we supposed to move?

Be practical and considerate! I too have asthma and am a former smoker. I understand how smokers feel but don't tell me to move after I spent all this time getting organized and there is nowhere to go but to the next beach!!!

I am being considerate.. I'm just saying if it bothers you that much move.. for example, I'm very alergic to perfume.. have had many situations where I've been at work and I'm sitting with a client wearing a strong perfume but I suck it up.. other times I'm sitting in a restaurant and the lady sitting at the table beside me is wearing strong perfume so I either suck it up or ask to be seated at another table.. should I post and ask if the beach club has a no wearing of perfume policy.. also some people are very allergic to peanut butter but I don't see restaurants not serving it up.. my point is that we have to alter our position sometimes no matter what the irritant or discomfort is.. regardless I hope you have a wonderful time.. I know I will

Archived