Carnival Pride Cat 9B or upgrade to suite?

LynnB

I will be cruising w. DH, 3 y/o DS, and my mother in law. We currently have 2 cat 9b rooms on Empress deck. Love the location right by the aft elevator.

Noticed today that the suite prices have come down. I can upgrade both cabins for a total of $280.00.

With the upgrade I would get priority boarding which from what I have read could come in very handy in Baltimore. I would also have the tub which I know would make bathing my son much much easier.

Decisions, decisions... Is priority boarding and a tub worth the $280.00?

IMO, often you save as little as 15 minutes, then they start boarding zone 1. I dont think I would do it for that. If you want a bathtub then that's another issue worth considering.

On other ships the 9B is a aft wrap and I would never give it up, but I think on your ship, those are suites... see if there are any aft wrap suites .. then for sure I would do it.

So you would be upgrading both 9B's to 2 suites? Just make sure they aren't Jr Suites...not worth it. As Fire said, while VIP is nice, I don't see a huge difference in time. I can see where the tub might be an enticement in your situation, though.

hi. just got off the Pride today and had aft wrap suite 6329. just to let you know about the bathtub -- it was nice and roomy with jacuzzi jets. But it has sliding doors with the one near the faucet being stationary and the one at the other end sliding. so you only have access to half of the tub from outside the tub, and it is hard to reach the faucet without getting in the tub. just thought you might like to know this ahead of time.

Archived