Freestyle best - what ship, itinerary?

BlancaNoir

Looking for the best freestyle NCL experience - what ship and itinerary would you choose?

-I'm likely traveling solo but want a balcony room or higher so no studio. I'm female, early 30's.

-want to keep it under 5k total. Live on west coast, love wine so there will be a bar bill.

-done 2 cruises. One CCL and one RCI. Preferred RCI because ship more attractive and tons to do.

-looking for north American departure but open to all itineraries.

What would you all suggest for a good first time ncl experience?

Well, I had not been on NCL since 1986 so this was all new for me, also. We did the Epic and I can tell you it was the most perfect cruise for us. That ship is awesome with lots of great entertainment. As a solo, you will adore the chic balcony rooms and definitely get a Spa pass...

What are your priorities, like and dislikes? Do you want lots of dining choices? Entertainment choices? Beaches? Glaciers?

You can do almost any cruise on a $5k budget

I don't think you'll find a ship that is more "freestyle" with more choices than the Epic. It's sort of like being in Vegas with lots of entertainment choices and 20 different places to eat. They also have over 100 singles studios, which means that even though you prefer a balcony, there will be plenty of other single travelers on board. The only reason I don't just jump up and down and scream EPIC is because I"ve not been on another NCL ship.

Looking for the best freestyle NCL experience - what ship and itinerary would you choose?

-I'm likely traveling solo but want a balcony room or higher so no studio. I'm female, early 30's.

-want to keep it under 5k total. Live on west coast, love wine so there will be a bar bill.

-done 2 cruises. One CCL and one RCI. Preferred RCI because ship more attractive and tons to do.

-looking for north American departure but open to all itineraries.

What would you all suggest for a good first time ncl experience?

If you live on west coast (L.A. area maybe), for starters, jump on the Star out of San Pedro for the 7 night MR cruise. It is also one of the less expensive cruises. however, times limited for that one as NCL is pulling out of that route.

I am biased because we've been on the Star once and the Pearl 3 times. The Pacific Coastal cruise is relaxed (Mayish and Septemberish) and a good buy. Mexican Riviera is fun and relaxing, but as said before, they are discontinuing this itinerary so you'd have to jump on it. If you have the cash, we loved the Panama Canal cruise; hop on in Miami and cruise home to LA.

If you want a real treat do the Pacific Coastal on the Pearl in a suite: courtyard or AC forward on deck 9 or 10. We were in the AA Owner's suite and going under the Golden Gate bridge was amaaazing!

Dear MedTech2,

I am planning to be on Epic in June 2010 and planning on the purchasing a spa pass. Can you please tell me how much does this cost. On HAL Oosterdam this pass was $250 for 2 people/week and it was an unforgettable experience. Can we purchase Courtyard pool access? Did they have nightly shows that are included in the cruise price? How much was Blue Man group performance on the ship?

Doesn't anyone use the search function anymore?

Blue Man is free, as is Legends, Fat Cats, and many more shows/venues

Spa pass is $119 per person, or $199 per couple. They sell out fast the first day.

The courtyard pool is for suite guests. You cannot purchase access.

Archived