Epic Courtyard Pass

clyde3

We are booked in a Deluxe Owners Suite on the Epic in a few months. Our TA just emailed us that she heard that passes can now be purchased to use the courtyard amenities, so the courtyard may be more crowded than what we expected. I tried to look this up on NCL but couldn’t find anything. I find it hard to believe they would do this. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

The passes are not for the courtyard area but for POSH, which used to be a suite only area. Now NCL sells passes to Posh to anyone on board.

With the amount of suites on Epic, the courtyard has enough people I think. The courtyard is not like other NCL ships where only a few suites have access.

Clyde3, please keep us updated as to what your TA finds out about this. I'm also in an Epic DOS soon, and I hope they keep the Courtyard private.

I called our TA and she apologized for giving us bad information. She called NCL and the passes were for POSH access not the courtyard. I guess I should have called her before I posted this.

Actually, I believe there are fewer suites aboard the Epic than you would imagine. Unless I've got my information wrong, there are only 8 Spa Suites, 12 Penthouse Suites with four of those being up in the Courtyard, and the 56 Villa and Owners suites actually in the Courtyard as well. I would doubt NCL would turn loose of the key cards needed to access the courtyard based on some sort of a day pass because of the loss of control of access to the Courtyard that could bring, as well as the complaints of those passengers paying a premium for the top end cabins and amenities. I agree with David, that its the POSH passes your TA is referring to.;)

Archived