Night parking at Maui & Kauai?

jerseysmom

We will be on POA with an overnight on both islands. Will be renting a car in both places. Any tips on where to park near the dock at night? Also the cost for parking?

Thanks for any help!

Do a search above for Hawaii threads related to parking. There are 250 Threads that talk about parking in Hawaii. There is a wealth of information there that can't be answered in a few simple replies.

Good luck and enjoy Hawaii.

In Maui there are two (free) parking lots right outside the cruise terminal gate: the one closest to the gate can fill up fast but there are quiet more space just a short walk away along the sea wall.

In Kauai there is a parking lot at the Anchor Cove Mall for $20 (in and out privileges). They run a shuttle bus between the mall and the ship.

Thanks Boytje for your tips. I've made a note of those places. It will make life smoother knowing where to go. Weve been married 36 yrs & were encouraged to go there for our honeymoon We were practical with our $$ instead. Now years later we finally get to go. We leave in 3 days!!!

Thanks Boytje for your tips. I've made a note of those places. It will make life smoother knowing where to go. Weve been married 36 yrs & were encouraged to go there for our honeymoon We were practical with our $$ instead. Now years later we finally get to go. We leave in 3 days!!!

Enjoy the trip!

These areas are not large and unlimited and will be much farther from the ship.

I have never read of anyone not being able to find a place to park. Yes, you may have a farther walk, but I wouldn't stress about trying to hurry back to the ship just to park. If someone has something they really want to do on Maui, they should not cut their day short, just to be assured a close parking spot. JMHO.

I have never read of anyone not being able to find a place to park. Yes, you may have a farther walk, but I wouldn't stress about trying to hurry back to the ship just to park. If someone has something they really want to do on Maui, they should not cut their day short, just to be assured a close parking spot. JMHO.

That is my concern. We are going out to dinner with family members who live in Maui and I know we will be getting back late.

Well, vbmom, in my opinion, I don't want to tell someone there is unlimited parking when I am unsure of this fact.

I know there is some parking by the ship. Around 20 spaces right across the street from the ship and then more around the corner from the ship along the water, around 30 spaces there I would say. After that you are on the mercy of the security guards.

After a long day of touring and being tired I would not want to search around for a parking space in the dark and then finally have to ask the security guard who will tell you to park far from the ship and then walk back to the ship in this big, dark, deserted industrial area. Also, a lot of spaces had signs that said no parking tow away zone. I wouldnt want to risk it.

I am just saying some may want to avoid this hassle and get back earlier.

That is my concern. We are going out to dinner with family members who live in Maui and I know we will be getting back late.

Enjoy your time with family and then just check with the guard if all spots are taken. Don't stress. If people had not been been able to find parking spots in Maui, it would be all over this forum. I have never read of anyone who didn't find a spot. I did read of people who had to walk a few blocks, but never read of anyone not finding a place to park.

Well, vbmom, in my opinion, I don't want to tell someone there is unlimited parking when I am unsure of this fact.

I know there is some parking by the ship. Around 20 spaces right across the street from the ship and then more around the corner from the ship along the water, around 30 spaces there I would say. After that you are on the mercy of the security guards.

After a long day of touring and being tired I would not want to search around for a parking space in the dark and then finally have to ask the security guard who will tell you to park far from the ship and then walk back to the ship in this big, dark, deserted industrial area. Also, a lot of spaces had signs that said no parking tow away zone. I wouldnt want to risk it.

I am just saying some may want to avoid this hassle and get back earlier.

You are correct, some would consider it a hassle if the nearby spots are full and they had to go looking elsewhere. I did not say there was unlimited parking. I simply said I have never heard of anyone saying they could not find parking. Our plan had been that if the parking was full by the ship and we had to go a distance to park, we would have called a cab.

In Kauai there is a parking lot at the Anchor Cove Mall for $20 (in and out privileges). They run a shuttle bus between the mall and the ship.

I would like to add one more thing to this info--purchase your parking BEFORE heading out for your day, as when you return it may not be available. In other words, rent your car, go back to the ship/Anchor Cove Mall area, pay for your parking and then head out for the day.

I would like to add one more thing to this info--purchase your parking BEFORE heading out for your day, as when you return it may not be available. In other words, rent your car, go back to the ship/Anchor Cove Mall area, pay for your parking and then head out for the day.

Oh yes, very good advice! First thing in the morning I picked the car up at the airport, drove to Anchor Cove, paid and parked and took the shuttle back to the ship for breakfast. :)

Archived