oasis. nice ship. poorly run.

We were on Oasis Thanksgiving week and never found a hint of the sewage smell. We had a Central Park View cabin and spent a lot of time in Central Park.

The room steward, Stuart ;) is not responsible for the mini-bar contents. There is separate bar personnel who go down the halls from room to room with a cart servicing the mini-bar. We asked for ours to be emptied when we got on the ship and it was done the morning of the next day, no problem.

must be a lot of royal caribbean employees on here today. I don't know why so many people need to try and discredit my experience. if i'd have known you all were following me around to the same places at the same time I would've introduced myself. you all were there with me, right? that's how you seem to know more about what I experienced than even I do, right? I'm here to express my concern about what I experienced for the benefit of others. if you weren't there with me, I'd say you have no grounds to try and discredit my experiences...well that is unless you work for royal caribbean...

must be a lot of royal caribbean employees on here today. I don't know why so many people need to try and discredit my experience. if i'd have known you all were following me around to the same places at the same time I would've introduced myself. you all were there with me, right? that's how you seem to know more about what I experienced than even I do, right? I'm here to express my concern about what I experienced for the benefit of others. if you weren't there with me, I'd say you have no grounds to try and discredit my experiences...well that is unless you work for royal caribbean...

Your previous posting history says it all.

Your previous posting history says it all.

what, all 3 of my previous posts not related to this topic?

I know people like to gang up on someone whose opinion they don't agree with but instead of casting vague judgments about my past posts, how about being specific about what you are so troubled about them.

all I see here are humorless royal caribbean employees trying to keep everyone drinking the royal caribbean kool-ade.

the service I experienced was sub-par on almost every level and nothing can change that fact. so i'll say it again...oasis. nice ship. poorly run.

all I see here are humorless royal caribbean employees trying to keep everyone drinking the royal caribbean kool-ade.

Quote #1.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

Nothing personal but it is way over the top to assume that the posters that disagree with you are RCI employees.

Realistically if you put an opinion out on CC you should expect discussion and disagreement. You're entitled to your opinion and we thank you for that but reserve the right to disagree.

Perhaps if you had presented a review which presented the good and the bad then you would be under less attack. Otherwise it looks like a post from a chronicly negative complainer. Just a helpful note for the future.

Good luck for a better experience on your next cruise.

I got home from my oasis cruise and thought I would write about my experience.

the stateroom Stuart was great but very overworked. he couldn't help me with some of my small requests and I don't blame him, he seemed way overworked.

I had to push my beds together right before bedtime because he didn't get to it in time. I had to remove everything from the mini fridge so is have a place to put my soda and it took days for the Stuart to do anything with the stuff from the fridge that I had to remove. - I guess I am just confused because you had said that your cabin attendant was great. But then you complain that his service was poor (based on your post title) and he was overworked. Seems that you had a lot of small requests that you were asking him to do, perhaps everyone else did as well keeping him so busy...... Actually bringing drinks on board is against the cruise lines policy, but I am not the cruise line police and maybe that's why they have that policy to prevent everyone emptying out the mini-frig and keeping the attendants so busy.

the dining room staff were not very good. when I went to dinner at 9:30 one night they had the nerve to tell me I couldn't have the three appetizers I wanted instead of the entree. - You really can't expect to walk into the dining room 1 hour late and expect to order as usual can you? Wasn't dinner at 8:30?

many of the bartenders don't have enough training. if you order a drink off the menu they were fine but a simple mixed drink (Runny Nose) was a real chore to get made right. - I myself have never heard of that drink, I am sure they know the more common drinks, but if you ask for an odd drink, I don't blame them for not getting it right. How can you complain about that? I have even been at land based bars where someone asked for an odd drink and the bartender had to ask them how it's made, you really can't expect them to remember how to make every drink in the world.

the ship was beautiful to look at but it's too bad there was a smell of sewage in lots of places. the worst had to be in central park one night. not enough air movement I guess in central park. I felt bad for the people with central park balconies...Yuk...can't imagine spending time on the balcony with that smell. - You're not the first to complain about sewage smell on Oasis, so I can't comment on that part. I can comment about our Allure cruise last week and there was plenty of air movement in Central Park, I even commented about the nice breeze blowing through it.

the food was good overall but i wish all the dinning venues weren't so crowded all the time. windjammer was way too small. tables there and most other restaurants were too close together. one poor lady knocked a table over because she was too large to fit in between. - I have heard that the WJ was very small compared to other ships; I stayed away from it on Allure so I can't comment on personal experience. If you go to a dining venue like yourself during eating hours, yes it will be busy just like any land based restaurant.

two children were allowed in the solarium all week. bit of a nuisance to have to put up with them splashing in the solarium pool even after staff was made aware of the problem. their parents must be important people to royal Caribbean because I don't know why nothing was done about it otherwise. - I wonder how old these children were. The staff should have removed them if they were indeed under the age limit.

just bad service throughout the ship. too bad. the ship is great but the experience was not. - What other bad service was there? I am just curious what the problem was.

Was this your first cruise? Maybe it's not for you.

I know people like to gang up on someone whose opinion they don't agree with but instead of casting vague judgments about my past posts, how about being specific about what you are so troubled about them.

the service I experienced was sub-par on almost every level and nothing can change that fact. so i'll say it again...oasis. nice ship. poorly run.

I see that you're new to CC. May I ask about your past cruises? How many have you been on?

We were on Oasis Thanksgiving week and never found a hint of the sewage smell. We had a Central Park View cabin and spent a lot of time in Central Park.

The room steward, Stuart ;) is not responsible for the mini-bar contents. There is separate bar personnel who go down the halls from room to room with a cart servicing the mini-bar. We asked for ours to be emptied when we got on the ship and it was done the morning of the next day, no problem.

We were on the Oasis the week of September 11th and had a CL Suite and YES, there was a sewer smell emanating from the upstairs bath and I blamed my DH until he was not upstairs one evening and I could smell it. I did write a comment about that problem on my post cruise comment card.

(we have pictures to prove we were on the ship :D) Loved the cruise, had a great time but still prefer the Freedom :p

Well, when you sign one of your posts "a. goldstein" then YES, a tad difficult to take you seriously ;)

A lot of the complaints are unfortunate but not worthy of condemning the entire staff over. I've had a bad stateroom attendant before and you can't really complain about not eating off the complete menu that late in the day.

I am concerned about the smell in Central Park though. I've got 2 balconies on deck 10 reserved. Can anybody else confirm the odor issue?

There in fact was a perceptable sewage -like odor wafting around the seats at the Aqua Theater, especially evenings/nights 5 and 6. Having what I consider a keen nose ,I attempted to track the source but was unsuccessful. I trust the maintenance /systems crew have been alerted by this time .

I've been a bartender for 30 years and never heard of this drink. I went to 3 drink recipe websites and none showed a drink with a name even close to this. So to complain that a bartender couldn't make it is really nitpicky. It may be someone's pet name for a favorite drink, but it isn't a "well known drink".

Well, when you sign one of your posts "a. goldstein" then YES, a tad difficult to take you seriously ;)

Ok then, humorous posts are frowned on here. is this a board-wide policy or just something people use when trying to make it seem like their own experiences are more valid than someone's else?

. liked the diamond nightly event in blaze.

trying to come up with other things to help make believers of some of you skeptics but is all I can think of now. ....

Was this your first cruise? Maybe it's not for you.

If this was his first cruise I don't think that he would know much about the diamond nightly event in Blaze. I would be interested in what his other experiences have been cruising with RCI, Celebrity, or Azamara that got him diamond status on Oasis.

Nothing personal but it is way over the top to assume that the posters that disagree with you are RCI employees.

I completely agree, just like trashing another member based on 3 previous posts is way over the top. Fortunately my my comments about royal Caribbean employees were said with tongue firmly placed in cheek. I'm not so sure the same can be said about the judgmental posts about me from people on this thread.

Realistically if you put an opinion out on CC you should expect discussion and disagreement. You're entitled to your opinion and we thank you for that but reserve the right to disagree.

I agree again, discussion is great...even differing opinions but what isn't needed are the thinly veiled comments trying to discredit my experience for no obvious reason other than I had something negative to say about royal Caribbean.

Perhaps if you had presented a review which presented the good and the bad then you would be under less attack. Otherwise it looks like a post from a chronicly negative complainer. Just a helpful note for the future.

people present their experiences here on many different ways...I'm sure you've seen it. why negative experiences must be presented as a full review is a nice notion but sometimes we just want to express ourselves any way we can in the time we have available and using the tools at hand. there are thousands of posts that aren't presented as a full review here at cruise critic...are they all to be dismissed and their original posters discredited as well? or is that treatment reserved for people posting about negative experiences only? i'm also curious to know how one comment about really poor quality food prior to this thread makes someone a chronic complainer...since you seem to subscribe to that notion, perhaps you can explain that comment.

Good luck for a better experience on your next cruise.

Thank-you, I'm sure I will. fortunately I'll be on a radiance class ship next so if past history is any indication I'll have a fantastic time.

Thank-you, I'm sure I will. fortunately I'll be on a radiance class ship next so if past history is any indication I'll have a fantastic time.

.....better bring the clothes' pins if you plan to sail the Radiance......phewwww.....stinky sewer smell:eek:.........(but don't ever write about it in any future posts). You don't want to get anyone upset do you?

Archived