Passengers on Esctasy

Cisco333

I was on the ship and heard about the violence already mentioned and also was told by someone I know that at the diner table next to his there was a family group that got out of hand. Apparently, they were having a loud argument and one of them got up and slammed down a glass on the table and broken glass went flying everywhere.

This was my 5th trip on the Ecstasy and I think it was the rowdiest--especially if you factor in all the violent stories. I did notice that the waiters were much more aggressive this trip trying to serve drinks, often coming by our table every couple of minutes asking over and over if we wanted a drink. On previous trips they would leave us alone if we said "no". They were also pushing "double shots" a lot whenever I ordered an after-diner drink.

I like the Ecstasy but given the number of people on the small ship, the pushing of drinks, and the lower cost of a four day cruise it does tend set up a scenario for more alcohol related problems to arise.

I've sailed on the Ecstasy 7 times and have occasionally witnessed similar behavior to what the OP mentioned. For example, last December I witnessed a group of adults take down (to the ground) some obnoxious teens/pre-teens in the hallway. The behavior of the kids was absolutely horrible and someone needed to do something about it. They were yelling, cussing and lying. However, the adults behavior wasn't that much better.

During our second trip on the Ecstasy, my husband was standing in line behind a man whose t-shirt read, "If you take on me, you take on the whole trailer park." That's our mantra for the Ecstasy. Having sailed on 3 other Carnival ships and all other major cruse lines, IMHO, the Ecstasy draws a different demographic than the others. I've also paid more per day to sail on her than I've paid on other cruises I've taken.

That said, we have booked two more sailings on her before she leaves us here in Galveston. What can I say? I'm just a rube from Texas.

I agree with MACH been on the Conquest and the Ecstasy a number of times the only Cruise I remember people being really drunk and falling down was one of her first Cruises out of Galveston when she arrived here after Katrina. There were of all things Beauty Pagent Queens from all over LA on for the Cruise. And they had their "courts" with them. The Pagent girls were pretty much OK but the family members with them........:eek:

We sailed out of Florida for the first time in years on the Destiny back last February and there were more drunk and rude people on those sailings (2/5/5 nights) than any Cruise we've ever been on from Galveston. And no I'm not a Texas cheerleader as we just moved here a few months back. :)

Man oh man, I'm glad I don't live in Galveston....I'd be trying to stow-away all the time!

Oh my. I guess I was on a different sailing of the Ecstasy on 12/2. Yes there was a fight and someone was arrested. But I did not see kids running around wild. Yes they had a scavenger hunt but every ship has this and the kids get excited. Yes there was drinking, which every ship has, but I did not see falling down drunk everywhere.

I have been on the Ecstasy 10 times and have never seen this.

And how does one know where every passenger is from. They could just as well been from Idaho as Texas.

Thanksgiving cruise had LOTS of kids. LOTS. And they LOVED the only functioning lift in the atrium. And pushing all the buttons in said lift, and then plopping down on the floor of said lift, and riding up and down. There was a group of them in there when we in to dinner....and they were still there when we finished dinner. Same kids. Honest.:(

I meant showing their bad side, unpleasant ect. This ship sure has alot of fans. I might try it again. The staff was very good, cabin nice and big. Sorry but I did see more people behaving badly than any other cruise ship I have been on..saw more obese folks too...I bet you'll didn't see any fat folks either....that was a joke ha ha

Wow, I'm sure glad to know that us "fat folks" are getting grouped together with the drunks and unruly kids. Sorry those of us who aren't a perfect size 8 spoiled the enjoyment of your cruise.

Thanksgiving cruise had LOTS of kids. LOTS. And they LOVED the only functioning lift in the atrium. And pushing all the buttons in said lift, and then plopping down on the floor of said lift, and riding up and down. There was a group of them in there when we in to dinner....and they were still there when we finished dinner. Same kids. Honest.:(

That elevator was still out on the 12/2 sailing! Now that is a real bummer especially for DH. We didn't ride in the one that worked once, even.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings Granny. I haven't been anywhere near a size 8 in thirty years...but I am not sensitive about it. Like I said that was a joke..not a very good one. I never said I did not enjoy the cruise....that all drunks were from Texas either....alot of people read what they want. One kind of funny incident..when I got on the elevator once...this lady was hugging everybody in sight..very very drunk...when she got to me ..I laughed and said ..no I don't want a hug...She started yelling over and over... Then what are you doing on MY elevator!

You didn't hurt my feelings, just wondered why you would even make such a statement about fat people, just seemed out of place in the context of this thread. I tend to not let other's behavior on a cruise bother me, but I know drunks and unruly kids can be a problem if they are completely out of hand. On the other hand don't see how fat people would be of any concern to anyone else unless they were also drunk, rude, etc (having nothing to do with their size).

Surely there must have been some decent people on the ship.

I know for a fact that there were 5 decent people on the ship....a pastor and his family from the church I attend. I can guarantee you they weren't the drunk ones. :-) They also said they had a great time. I guess it just all depends on where you are and who is around you. :-)

I know for me personally I was on a Carnvial ship up on the Lido deck and sat down next to some of the most class-less people I've ever been around. F this and F that and drinking beer as fast as they could. I got up and moved - problem solved.

I had another experience on another Carnival ship in the MDR. There was a table of 12 or so that was all college students. They acted as if they were having a private party. They were loud, drunk and obnoxious. After the 2nd night I had had enough. I grabbed (yes, I grabbed) one girl's arm who was yelling and I said in my best mom voice, "That's enough! Stop yelling and behave." Yes, I am a mom. If looks could kill, I would be dead, but when other tables around me applauded what I did, that table was quiet the rest of the cruise.

I just returned from a cruise on Ecstasy. I have cruised before on Carnival, Cunard, Celebrity, Rcl. My only complain is the passengers. I have never seen so many falling down drunk adults on a cruise ship. Children were also behaving badly running around in MDR getting in the waiters way ect. Is the behavior due to my fellow Texans, cheaper cruise? What brings out so manys inner dirtball?

If the Ecstasy brings out the passengers' "inner dirtball," then I can't wait to have my inner dirtball exposed!:D

That's too bad about the OP's cruise. As you can see, I cruise from Tx all the time, and I live in the Dallas area. I have, in all my cruises, only seen one person falling down drunk. He fell on my table on the Lido. His mom and grandmother came and got him and led him back to his room. They apologized and said it was his first cruise and thought the drinks would be watered down, so he ordered doubles.LOL...Next day he came up and told me how sorry he was. This was on the Ecstasy. Didn't keep me from cruising and he turned out to be a nice young man from Wisc.

Don't let this keep you from cruising from TX, we are a friendly bunch. Really.

Peaches in Rowlett TX

Archived