Leave for Solstice Sunday 12/12/10, anything you want me to check out?

H2OH!

My mom and I will be on Solstice this Sunday 12/12/10.

Is there anything you want to know? If so, post your questions before Friday 12/10/10 at noon and I will take them with me!

I will post answers upon my return. :D

First and foremost have a great cruise!! Other than that if you could just let me know what is a must do aboard and maybe even something that was a miss! Enjoy your vacation!! Kim

will check it out!

If you could check out and report back on the Night 4 menu - even just the chef recommendation - that would be great!!

Also - any "must-see" shows!

Thanks for the offer - have a great cruise!!

will do

Is there anything you want to know? If so, post your questions before Friday 12/10/10 at noon and I will take them with me!

hello,

what tours are you taking on the ports you will visit?

Please tell us about the food experienced on the ship.

thank you and have a great cruise.

picturea1

I know kind of a specific question, but can't hurt to ask... does the gym offer stairmaster machines? How many? And are the machines "polar" heart rate linked?

I realize it is very specific. If you happen to be a worker outer and are in the gym, it would be great to know.

Enjoy the cruise, we'll be onboard in February.

I know kind of a specific question, but can't hurt to ask... does the gym offer stairmaster machines? How many? And are the machines "polar" heart rate linked?

I realize it is very specific. If you happen to be a worker outer and are in the gym, it would be great to know.

Enjoy the cruise, we'll be onboard in February.

Consider it done!

Yes

Best place to be for self disembarking to make a way too early flight

;)

LOL, on your knees praying that nothing goes wrong. A way too early flight is not a great place to be in now considering how bad the disembarking has been the past few weeks. You will need to be in the lobby where the gangway is located, before they announce the ship is cleared.

• 4 weeks later...

Craig K....I saw your post on the Gluten-Free board. I am cruising on the Oasis 1/29/11 with my newly diagnosed 12 year old son. Have you already been on the Oasis with your gluten-free child? Do you have any tips for where the kids can go to eat on their own? Or...am I cruising before you on the Oasis? Could you reply on the GF board?

Craig K....I saw your post on the Gluten-Free board. I am cruising on the Oasis 1/29/11 with my newly diagnosed 12 year old son. Have you already been on the Oasis with your gluten-free child? Do you have any tips for where the kids can go to eat on their own? Or...am I cruising before you on the Oasis? Could you reply on the GF board?

Hi Ampere

I'll be on the Oasis this sat...I"m travelling with my mom who was just diagnosed too... I arranged for special needs to note our reservation for a gluten free diet... we'll see how it goes

as far as where kids could eat on their own... I'm sure it's not too healthy to begin with and probably limited choices for him:D

I'll be back on the 15th.... remind me and I'll let you know how it went

CC

Ampere-

I was on the Oasis February last year (2010) so I can give you my real-life experiences there.

Overall, it was fantastic and I cannot say enough good things about how the GF was handled.

DINING ROOM:

Make sure you introduce yourselves to your waiter and expecially your HEAD waiter to discuss your allergies. Our head waiter from that point forward handled and coordinated everything for us. (We also tipped him substantially at the beginning of the cruise and it was well worth it. Whether or not it made a difference I do not know.) They would present us with the next night's dinner menu each night and we would make our choices to be prepared special GF. The head waiter also coordinated breakfast for us the following mornings. We told him if we would be in the main dining room or room service for breakfast, and he would arrange to have GF pancakes each morning. He also coordinated room service with GF to have everything delivered the same time if necessary each morning.

BUFFET:

We do not care for buffets so no information on that.

JOHNNY ROCKETS:

This turned out to be a common place for us for lunch or after dinner dessert. They were able to accommodate GF very well (including desserts) and it was one place where the whole family could sit down together to eat GF or regular at the same time.

Could not have Sorrentos pizza, or the ice cream shop, or the cupcake shop, etc.

PARK CAFE:

Was okay to have salad with the separate packets of dressing.

POOL GRILL Wipeout Cafe:

Nothing safe to eat.

SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM by the pool:

Seemed safe to eat and we just put it into a plastic cup with spoon instead of a cone.

GIOVANNI'S TABLE:

I don't remember what we ordered, but our head waiter also coordinated this for us and I remember it as being okay.

Hopefully this is helpful. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks so much Craig K and CuriousCat.

I appreciate the Oasis tips Craig. Had done some calls to Johnny Rockets and was thinking they would be a back up.

Have a great trip Curiouscat!

I look forward to your tips from the Oasis.

Really dumb but..in the gift shop make-up. Pls check to see if they have kits/palettes-eye shadows, blush, etc in a single compact-by Chanel, Clinque etc.

Thanks

Carole

Archived