Booking Question for Experienced Folks...

cooncat_mom

I'm booked through NCL in an Aft Penthouse on deck 8 in the summer and while browsing through the trip sites (no names, of course:o!) I saw that an aft on Deck 10 was now available :eek: This was a good thing to me, so I called NCL to see if I could move up to Deck 10. First, the NCL rep couldn't figure out what the number I gave her was (even though I said it was a cabin), and then she insisted that it wasn't available. I wondered what the reps are looking at, and why travel sites would show it as available while NCL doesn't. Any ideas? Just curious! :)

I'm booked through NCL in an Aft Penthouse on deck 8 in the summer and while browsing through the trip sites (no names, of course:o!) I saw that an aft on Deck 10 was now available :eek: This was a good thing to me, so I called NCL to see if I could move up to Deck 10. First, the NCL rep couldn't figure out what the number I gave her was (even though I said it was a cabin), and then she insisted that it wasn't available. I wondered what the reps are looking at, and why travel sites would show it as available while NCL doesn't. Any ideas? Just curious! :)

Wait 30 minutes and see if the cabin come up as available again. Many times when you are checking prices and click on a particular cabin it gets automatically held for awhile to allow you to finish the booking process.

Could it also be that the TA has that cabin blocked as part of a group booking? Only available thru them?

Hi - similar thing happened to me. Altho' I live in the UK, I made a booking on-line, using US site. Days later I re-checked pricing on the UK site. Uk site showed my prefered cabin as available, US site had not. I phoned NCL to ask why this was the case; no-one could give me an answer initially. It was suggested that I cancel my booking, and re-book using the UK site; this was not acceptable to me, as the cost (for the same cruise/date/cabin) was $1000 more. I rang again and just kept asking why is this cabin showing available on one NCL site and not on another. Was put on hold for a while, and eventually was told it had been looked at, yes - you are right, it's available and we've moved you into it. :) There was no explanaition as to how or why the same cabin info did not show on all NCL web sites.

I agree with Tequila - I would watch for it on NCL's website - to see if it shows up as available through the booking process. But, do not click on the cabin number, as this places a 30 minute hold on the cabin and the PCC will see it as booked. Once you see it on the NCL website, the PCC should see it as available as well.

If you have a good PCC, ask them to look into the particular cabin - they should be able to tell you if it is just on hold or if it is actually booked.

One other thing I learned is that travel agents can hold cabins almost indefinitely. Held reservations (by travel agents) don't automatically go into the pool after 24 hours on hold.

I learned much of this a few weeks ago when booking our Dec 18 cruise - we were looking at a deck 10 AD suite, then it went unavailable for several days - where we booked a deck 8 aft-facing BA. A deck 10 BA became available (I noticed at 10:30am) and started a reservation on it (30 minute hold) to keep it until my PCC came in at 11am. A few days later, the AD opened up again... It was surprising to me how cabins can open up and go away quite a bit - and all this was well after the final payment due date.

Good luck - hope you get up to deck 10 - we like the deeper balconies up there!

Thanks for the answers! Made some calls - to my planner & to some others (made sure it was his off time! ;) ) and all are insisting no deck 10 afts are available. My Planner said that it was probably a "teaser" on the other sites. He offered to move me to a deck 9, but I'm in an end aft on 8 and am hoping maybe the door will be unlocked to the side balcony :cool:! Interesting, my planner didn't quite understand why I'd change since I already had an aft balcony! Bless his heart - I think CC should be mandatory reading for any PVP in training so they know their customers! :D I'll keep watching....

I had a similar situation with our PCC. I called to see about upgrading to an aft BA that I saw as available. As soon as she went to look for it, it disappeared (probably as a hold). She told me she would look into it and emailed me about 1/2 hr later to say I had it. I assume someone had booked it and the hold ran out. I agree with the poster who said maybe the online site that has it listed had it booked as part of a package and is still trying to sell it. Good luck.

I had the same thing happen when a penthouse that I wanted to move into opened up. Same category that I was in, but I liked the location better. I told the rep that it was showing on the website. She double-checked and still no luck. She had to put me on hold and work with a supervisor and eventually they confirmed that it was available.

Possible that NCL has some glitch in their system that prevents recently released staterooms from showing up to all of their reps.

I also agree that it could be that if you just checked it on the website, that the website may have the cabin held for a while in order for you to complete the online booking. But it should free up within 20-30 minutes when that happens.

Just saw that you got the cabin. Congrats!

If you really want that deck 10 cabin and cant wait , then transfer your booking to one of the TA's that does offer the cabin ;)

good answer! Or just call back to NCL and ask for a supervisor or just keep calling until you get the answer you are looking for. If another travel site has it for a group booking someone at NCL will know...you just need to find the right person!:eek:

Archived