'Concordia' passenger boards wrong ship

jleq

As the article says, you do wonder how she managed to get on the wrong ship. What an embarassment. On my last cruise the MSC Lirica was docked behing our ship the MSC Musica in Salvador and my friend tried to get on it, instead of the Musica. The security staff were scrathching their heads and checking and rechecking the computer because they could not find her on the system. They checked the date of the cruise and everything - the only thing they failed to check was the bame of the ship. She eventually twigged that she might be on the wrong ship and said to them "This is the Musica isn't it?". Everyone at the table was tormenting her for the rest of the cruise, but at least security didn't let her past the gangplank.

• 3 weeks later...

In Italian, Munich in Germany is called Monaco (full name: Monaco di Bavaria), while the Principality of Monaco is also called Monaco. I've seen elderly Americans go up to the train ticket counters in Milan or Venice and just ask for a ticket to Monaco. I have always wondered how many tired (or resentful) ticket agents have sent them to the train for Munich! I also have to wonder if any of them did not realize the mistake until they tried to take a taxi from the Munich train station to their French-named hotel.:)

Bill

Archived