04-05-11 & 04-12-11 Roatan

paul8

It would help to know if you are traveling as a couple or family and general age and activity level. We've been to Roatan several times. We always use Ronys tours. He is so friendly and really has great guides working for him.

Our perfect day is a private tour with one of his drivers. We prefer private tours because it allows you much more freedom than traveling with a group. We have a little girl and she loves playing with the monkeys. We love playing with them too. They are so much fun-especially watching how intelligent they are. We like to give them a water bottle. They will take it and open it to get a drink. Then we head to South Shore Canopy Zipline. This is a great place to go - especially if you are with a private tour. The beach area we like is not far at all - so if we are traveling with friends or family, some get dropped at the zip and the rest head to the beach. Then the driver will go back and get those who have zipped to join the rest at the beach.

We personally like Infinity and Mayan Princess. Although they do have and admission fee, the pools are gorgeous. We like going back and forth from the beach to the pool. If you are looking for just beach - Fosters or Banarama would be fine. We've done more than 25 cruises and Roatan has the clearest water we have seen anywhere. The people are so friendly.

Rony or his guides can also suggest local experiences if you like. Meeting local people, local shopping, or eating in a small neighborhood restaurant. This is definately not a port to "just get off and walk around the port". The first time we visited Roatan, we discovered that the local taxis charge just about as much as a private tour. I especially like taking pictures and they always take me to photograph some interesting things. Plus, it's nice to know you have someone to stay with you the entire day and do everything on your schedule.

It would help to know if you are traveling as a couple or family and general age and activity level. We've been to Roatan several times. We always use Ronys tours. He is so friendly and really has great guides working for him.

Our perfect day is a private tour with one of his drivers. We prefer private tours because it allows you much more freedom than traveling with a group. We have a little girl and she loves playing with the monkeys. We love playing with them too. They are so much fun-especially watching how intelligent they are. We like to give them a water bottle. They will take it and open it to get a drink. Then we head to South Shore Canopy Zipline. This is a great place to go - especially if you are with a private tour. The beach area we like is not far at all - so if we are traveling with friends or family, some get dropped at the zip and the rest head to the beach. Then the driver will go back and get those who have zipped to join the rest at the beach.

We personally like Infinity and Mayan Princess. Although they do have and admission fee, the pools are gorgeous. We like going back and forth from the beach to the pool. If you are looking for just beach - Fosters or Banarama would be fine. We've done more than 25 cruises and Roatan has the clearest water we have seen anywhere. The people are so friendly.

Rony or his guides can also suggest local experiences if you like. Meeting local people, local shopping, or eating in a small neighborhood restaurant. This is definately not a port to "just get off and walk around the port". The first time we visited Roatan, we discovered that the local taxis charge just about as much as a private tour. I especially like taking pictures and they always take me to photograph some interesting things. Plus, it's nice to know you have someone to stay with you the entire day and do everything on your schedule.

Thank you for your helpful advice. Most likely I will be travelling alone; I am 69.

• 4 weeks later...

We are on the same cruise as Paul. I'm comparing Mayan to Infinity. If we eat lunch at the resort - which has the best food?

Archived