What to wear in MDR?

melk71

We will be cruising on RCCL in February to Cozumel. I've read in different places on here that the MDR is freezing...is that the case in February as well?

I'm not really sure what to pack for the kids as I know it won't be tropical heat, but not freezing either. There are so many cute holiday dresses right now that I know would be great for our formal night, but I'm wondering, are people dressed more 'summery' or 'tropical' even in February? Do you think capris would be okay, or too cold for them?

Any advice on what to pack for them would be so appreciated, I am kind of at a loss..I feel like I am going to waaaayy overpack!!

The term "cold" is relative, IMHO. Some find the MDR to be chilly while others think it's warm. It just depends on your own tolerance to temperatures. I've never found the MDR to be freezing. Now the show theater? That place can be ice cold.

Holiday party dresses are perfect for formal nights. And, btw, it can very well be tropical on the islands in Feb. We cruised last Feb and the temps were in the high 80's.

We cruised last Feb also and it was quite warm then. But, that said, I always pack a sweater or shawl for the MDR and the show lounge. The party dresses that are in stores now are perfect for formal night for the kids. As for capris, most likely it won't be too cold for capri pants. The only time my kids were out of shorts and swimsuits on last winter's cruise was dinner time.

I've never found the dining room to be cold....and I chill easily!

If you're in the Caribbean, it will be warm enough for "summery" clothes, even in Feb! (This doesn't go for Nassau and the Bahamas, tho....if there's a far-reaching cold front, it can get into the 60's... The Bahamas aren't "Caribbean"!)

Archived