anyone on May 14,2011 Cook Islands Cook Islands & Society Islands 11 nites?

Chiwawa

We just booked the above cruise, please let me know if any one interested in booking private tour/excursions together. (such as Patric's tour at Bora bora)

We also need suggestion on where to spend a 3 nights post-cruse stay, Moorea (easy access after PG from Tahiti) , Bora Bora (famous, suppose be very very beautiful), or Tuamotu atolls (our cruise won't go there this time,so we will see more of FP). It's our honeymoon, so we really want to stay at an Over water Bungalow.

Thanks in advance.

Look at my in depth trip report as we did the 11 night Cook Island cruise a few months ago. We did 5 nights pre cruise on Moorea at the Hilton in an OWB. Absolutely spectacular snorkeling. You can easily get from the crusie ship in Tahiti to the ferry dock as they are next door, you simply walk. The ferry takes 30 minutes and costs about $30 US round trip.

thanks FlightMedic555, your report is very informative. (I think we booked the same stateroom) I actually used your advice to book a lagoon cruise with Teking. I do see that you highly recommend Hilton Moorea, but Bora Bora is the place caught me eye, made us decide to visit FP. Do you think Moorea is better than Bora Bora? Do you think 2 days will be enough for Bora Bora? (including 4X4, lagoon tour, motu picnic, Ray /& sharks, etc)

If I understand your plan you have a few days either before or after your cruise to spend "somewhere". During my planning process I wanted world class snorkeling with an overwater unit. From all of the reviews the Hilton on Moorea fit that bill. Most of the reviews of Bora Bora portray 5 star hotels with great amenities but not great snorkeling. Many are deep water at the OWB and many have decent current making snorkeling challenging, unsafe or impossible.

The only thing that we missed in Bora Bora was seeing anything on land. We did the snorkel trip, I did a dive, we went to the motu but not the 4x4. We did the 4x4 on Rarotonga which I am sure is quite different from Bora Bora (we did not really like the trip on Rarotonga).

Getting to Moorea is very easy and very inexpensive. People told us that their RT air to Bora Bora was about $400 a person vs. the $30 per person for the ferry to Moorea. If snorkeling is what you are looking for then I can't see how the Hilton on Moorea can be beat.

• 1 month later...

Hi fellow cruiser. We will be on this cruise in May also. Might be interested in sharing some excursions but I have not done any research on them yet. What is the Patric's tour all about? Most interested in snorkeling and island sightseeing.

This is my first time on a message board so bear with me if I don't reply right away.

Archived