Mallorca tourism

rachjack

We are also stopping in Mallorca next August. I think the beach is a good call.

I looked at this: http://www.virtualmallorca.com/mallorca_entertainment/mallorca_best_beaches.shtml

We'll probably take a taxi to the closest good beach. We are in from 7 am to 4 pm. But we'll take it as a good chance to catch up on rest on a port intensive itinerary.

I will be on a cruise in August stopping in Mallorca. What is it recommended to see and do? Where can find particularly good beachs and do they have facilities, including chair rental?

The cathedral in Palma is worth seeing, and if you want to venture further afield this might give you some ideas

There are lots of good beaches in Mallorca including many around the bay of Palma. Probablly the nearest is Illetes, just a few miles away to the west of the cruise port. You can get a taxi or even a Palma city bus.

Note though that all beaches will be very busy in August. Mallorca is a major European holiday destination. So go early, if that's what you want to do, and perhaps leave early as well. It can also be very hot in Mallorca in August.

Archived