ideas excursions VAE

Dennis75

Can anyone tell us your experiences with shore excursions in Fujairah, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Muscat?

Are their many taxitour available in port? Does anyone have experience with Costa excursions? Or any other ideas?

Been to all three places earlier this year and also was to Muscat in 2007. Was not on Costa.

Muscat. We took the complimentary shuttle into town and we negotiated to have a taxi driver take us to specific places that we wanted to visit over the course of a few hours. This included the Grand Mosque, the outside of the Sultan's Palace (one of many), two forts, the Bait Al Zuabiair Museum and several other places. We negotiated for the taxi near the Souk that is in town.

Abu Dhabi. I would take an organized tour that gets you to the Grand Mosque. It is unbelievable and I can't even begin to describe the cost that went into it. You can then visit the town on your own.

Al Fujayrah. Not too much to see there. You could actually walk to the town which is about a 20 minute walk or take a shuttle or a taxi. The town didn't have much. We went to the souks and they are not like normall souks but quite interesting. You can learn a lot about the trade and what takes place at night. There is a fort and museum near the cruise ship dock and you can just purchase tickets there and I would do that.

Bahrain. Downtown area about 30 minutes from the cruise ship terminal. I can't remember if there were taxis there. We took a tour. Very beautiful city. Visited the Al Fateh Mosque which is the largest Mosque in Bahrain. Viisted the National Museum which covered a good deal of this areas history. Stopped by the Jasra Handicraft Center. Good prices on local items. Went to the Camel Farm. We enjoyed it. Much nicer than others we saw including one in Saudi Arbabia.

Keith

Archived