Boarding in New Orleans

HoustonGuy

We will be off on our cruise in a week, boarding the Triumph at the Erato Street terminal. Our boarding pass says boarding is noon to 2:00pm or something like that.

Any advice on whether it makes sense to arrive early at terminal, and if so how early. Looking to avoid traffic jams getting into parking and for a smooth boarding process with the least amount of standing in line.

Thanks.

We will be off on our cruise in a week, boarding the Triumph at the Erato Street terminal. Our boarding pass says boarding is noon to 2:00pm or something like that.

Any advice on whether it makes sense to arrive early at terminal, and if so how early. Looking to avoid traffic jams getting into parking and for a smooth boarding process with the least amount of standing in line.

Thanks.

If you arrive at the terminal around 10:30 - 11:00, you should have a shorter wait. This past week, once you parked at the terminal, they wanted you to stand in line outside the terminal and re-enter the building to go through security and check in. Embarkation usually begins between 11:45 - 12:00.

We are actually about an hour and a half to two hours away. We are leaving here as soon as we drop the kids off at school Thursday morning (around 7:30). We should be there no later than 10:00. Is that way too early?

Our cruise on the Triumph will be our platinum cruise!

Do we stand in the lines and wait our turn abd then go to VIP area or do we get in line in a different area? Thanks!

Stay to your left and keep saying VIP! Be prepared to show your Fun Pass or whatever they are called now, and passport.

You may have to wait in line with other VIPs, but it is a different and shorter line. and you can get cookies and stuff!

There ARE porters in the level three in the parking garage.

Check-in starts about 10:30. Arrive about 11:00 AM. VIP guests have a special line at the front door and check-in in the VIP Lounge ( it is on your left after you go thru security). Boarding starts around 11:15 for wedding guests and VIPs. The rest start boarding about 11:30. IF debark goes as planned. Lunch on the Lido deck starts at 11:30AM until 3:30PM.

Have a wonderful cruise

There ARE porters in the level three in the parking garage.

Check-in starts about 10:30. Arrive about 11:00 AM. VIP guests have a special line at the front door and check-in in the VIP Lounge ( it is on your left after you go thru security). Boarding starts around 11:15 for wedding guests and VIPs. The rest start boarding about 11:30. IF debark goes as planned. Lunch on the Lido deck starts at 11:30AM until 3:30PM.

Have a wonderful cruise

I can assure you that he knows what he is talking about! :cool:;):p

ok so we need to make sure we park on the 3rd level of the parking garage? and i know this is going to sound stupid but what is a porter?

A person who will take your luggage from you and makes sure it is placed on the ship. A porter also expects to be tipped, usually $1.00 per piece of luggage, for his help.

GEAUX SAINTS!

We are actually about an hour and a half to two hours away. We are leaving here as soon as we drop the kids off at school Thursday morning (around 7:30). We should be there no later than 10:00. Is that way too early?

If it is vacation, it CAN'T be too early... You just may have to wait longer... LOL

On my arrival days, I'm sometimes tempted to beat the terminal janitor in the morning!!! :D

I think you mean on your DEPARTURE days.

"On my arrival days, I'm sometimes tempted to beat the terminal janitor in the morning!!! :D"

On your arrival day back in port you do indeed beat the terminal janitors in the morning. The ship docks at 5:00AM and janitors do not arrive until after 7:30AM.

Thanks.

If your true intent is to avoid traffic and standing in line, go late. If you arrive at 3 you will be aboard the ship at 3:15. The free food on the Lido deck will still be there.

Nothing we have says VIP on it. Our PVP told us to print out cruise history and show it to SOMEONE (?). We just planned this on the spur of the moment. Price too good to pass up for a nice long weekend in the warmth of Mexico.

What are your thoughts....should we try for the VIP line and see what happens? I guess it can't hurt.

(On a sidenote....Your Saints killed my Rams the other day. Although this season has been better than anticipated, it was kind of painful game to watch. But, unless they are playing the Rams, I cannot cheer against the Saints. Great team and the fan base is incredible! congrats!)

If your true intent is to avoid traffic and standing in line, go late. If you arrive at 3 you will be aboard the ship at 3:15. The free food on the Lido deck will still be there.

That is TOO LATE. The ship is scheduled to sail at 4 and if you don't make the cutoff for Carnival turning in the manifest, bye bye cruise.

They also close all food and bars before the safety drill can begin which happens before sailing.

Nothing we have says VIP on it. Our PVP told us to print out cruise history and show it to SOMEONE (?). We just planned this on the spur of the moment. Price too good to pass up for a nice long weekend in the warmth of Mexico.

What are your thoughts....should we try for the VIP line and see what happens? I guess it can't hurt.

(On a sidenote....Your Saints killed my Rams the other day. Although this season has been better than anticipated, it was kind of painful game to watch. But, unless they are playing the Rams, I cannot cheer against the Saints. Great team and the fan base is incredible! congrats!)

Is this really your 10th cruise? Do all show up in your history? I might call up Carnival support and complain. They should be able to fix it.

You should still be ok, but your S&S card may still be gold and not in the VIP room otherwise. You should be able to get the appropriate card once on board.

That is TOO LATE. The ship is scheduled to sail at 4 and if you don't make the cutoff for Carnival turning in the manifest, bye bye cruise.

They also close all food and bars before the safety drill can begin which happens before sailing.

No it's not! I've arrived after 3 p.m. for a 4 o'clock departure twice, once at NOLA and Port Canaveral. Never been told I was "late".

And yes you are right, the food stations do close for a period of time, but getting a free, greasy burger (but they are tasty!) with 1000 first time cruisers is not on the top of my list of "must do's" when I board.

Enjoy your cruise!

No it's not! I've arrived after 3 p.m. for a 4 o'clock departure twice, once at NOLA and Port Canaveral. Never been told I was "late".

And yes you are right, the food stations do close for a period of time, but getting a free, greasy burger (but they are tasty!) with 1000 first time cruisers is not on the top of my list of "must do's" when I board.

Enjoy your cruise!

You are lucky if those were recent cruises. Often a ship doesn't depart on time, but if does and you are late for your 3pm check-in time, you might be screwed.

If you go early, you beat all the newbies and the gray hair.

Archived