Price Drop - It's Not a Windfall, But....

madams77

Just got off the phone with NCL for a fare adjustment as I noticed a price drop for the balcony cabins on our March, 2011 Dawn cruise. This was the third time the fare has gone down since our initial booking, for a savings of $560! I booked the cruise with NCL directly, and our final payment is due at the end of this month. It is such a great idea to check the ncl.com website frequently for price drops and upgrade offers. I have learned so much from this board!:)

Thank you for posting this! If the price dropped after you've given your final payment, will they still do a price adjustment and give you credit?

If you ask nicely, you might get an OBC or possibly an upgraded cabin, but you will not receive a cash refund.

Thank you for posting this! If the price dropped after you've given your final payment, will they still do a price adjustment and give you credit?

We have already made final payment for our Jan. 28 cruise and about a week ago I noticed the price for our BA had dropped a little over a $100, my TA called NCL and we got $100 on board credit. So even after final payment, it's worth a phone call!

We have already made final payment for our Jan. 28 cruise and about a week ago I noticed the price for our BA had dropped a little over a $100, my TA called NCL and we got $100 on board credit. So even after final payment, it's worth a phone call!

I had noticed that our fare went down after final payment and called our TA. She got it adjusted and when I asked her if it was an OBC she informed me that they had credited it back to my Card. And, sure enough, they did.

I wonder if it is a combination of who is asking for it (an individual, a local TA, or one of the big cruise resellers (mine was the latter)) and when the price actually drops that determines the yes, no, or maybe :)

Steve

Just got off the phone with NCL for a fare adjustment as I noticed a price drop for the balcony cabins on our March, 2011 Dawn cruise. This was the third time the fare has gone down since our initial booking, for a savings of $560! I booked the cruise with NCL directly, and our final payment is due at the end of this month. It is such a great idea to check the ncl.com website frequently for price drops and upgrade offers. I have learned so much from this board!:)

yes, it is a good idea to constantly check, well not constantly, but maybe about once every week or so.

Nita

Generally no, but they will upgrade you if something is available and once in a blue moon they will give you an OBC, but don't expect it.

Nita

I noticed this morning that the price on our balcony cabin dropped another $50pp. My refare total since initial booking is now up to $660! But my run will be over soon, as final payment is due next week!

that's about the type of savings we got from our early booking. In our case the price has sky rocketed. We got our BC catagory on the Spirit for about $300 per person less than it is not selling for and the cat is sold out, so the price is for a lower deck or not a good location.

Nita

Our cabin on The Jade like for like has been reduced by £150. I asked my TA to ask for reduction, the reply, NO!

I then sent emails to NCL saying if they wouldn't reduce, how about OBC once again the reply was "No way".

I finally sent another email saying that it was bad for customer relations & that something offered, however small, would have been appreciated .

They haven't even bothered to reply to this.

Our cabin on The Jade like for like has been reduced by £150. I asked my TA to ask for reduction, the reply, NO!

I then sent emails to NCL saying if they wouldn't reduce, how about OBC once again the reply was "No way".

I finally sent another email saying that it was bad for customer relations & that something offered, however small, would have been appreciated .

Was this before or after final payment?

Liverpool lad, you are forgetting that we live in Rip-Off Britain. The price-drop game only applies to North Americans. They can also cancel quite late without losing their deposits!

Thank You for this thread, I had not checked our October 2011 Spirit cruise for any price drops for the last 2 weeks. Decided to check after reading this thread and had a price adjustment of $600. While I lost the on board credit of $50 the price difference makes it worth it. Thank you for the heads up.

I have not yet done the final payment which is due 15th January.

London-Calling, Yes it is a touch of rip-off Britain, but it is a US owned company, & so it looks like the US are the only ones to get reductions.

Cheers.:(

NCL is not a US-owned company. It is a subsidiary of the Genting Group, a Malaysian multi-national corporation. See link:

http://www2.ncl.com/about/our-family

That said, I agree that you should be able to get price adjustments before final payment in the UK, just as we do here in the US.

Thank You for this thread, I had not checked our October 2011 Spirit cruise for any price drops for the last 2 weeks. Decided to check after reading this thread and had a price adjustment of $600. While I lost the on board credit of $50 the price difference makes it worth it. Thank you for the heads up.
Which week? We sail on the 16th.

Archived