Navigator questions

Sorry to post again, but I put this question at the bottom of a review and I am not sure how many people read through since I didn' t get any replies. :confused: Since I am leaving tomorrow, I thought I'd try to post again.

We are leaving for Fort Lauderdale tomorrow and leave on our cruise on the 18th. I was wondering a few things--

1. I have never done a non-reserved time slot for dinner (we have an earlier seating-6 pm.) because I've found it keeps our group of 6 on schedule and we can hit the shows after dinner. Should I re-think this logic--how is the dine whenever you want option?

2. Which is the best day to do the speciality restaurants?

3. What is your opinion of the Italian restaurant and the Steakhouse?

4. Is there a formal night? Deck party? Late night buffet?

Thanks,

If the main seating works for you, why mess with it? Most folks tend to eat at or around the same time nightly...if you want to see the shows after dinner, main seating is the best for that.

There is no "best time" for the specialty restaurants....you may find you will decide to save the $$ and skip one or both! Portofino is a bit better than Chops....I wouldn't rate Chops on par with Ruth Chris or Mortons.....a step below, I'd say.

On a 3 -5 day, you should have 1 formal night. On a 7 nighter, you'll have 2. The 1st (or only) formal night is ALWAYS night 2! There's usually a BBQ one evening on the pool deck....but we've never been able to eat again...we usually have late seating!

We just got off the Navigator yesterday. There was one formal night on the second night. We always do late seating as I like having the same people every night and I'm not sure if that happens with MTD. There was a late night buffet but we were also too full to eat again and there was also a lunch time buffet by the pool that had sandwiches and wraps.

2. Which is the best day to do the speciality restaurants?

Whatever day works best for you.

3. What is your opinion of the Italian restaurant and the Steakhouse?

Steakhouse was THE best steak I have ever had. Period!

4. Is there a formal night? Deck party? Late night buffet?

On a 5 day there will be one formal, on a 7 day 2.

Archived