Zenith with kids - recommended?

Huey

We've found an incredible deal for a '05 Spring Break 14-day cruise on the Zenith. We have two boys 8 & 14, and are a little nervous about how small and old the boat is. Has anyone cruised on the Zenith with kids? They're not into the kids programs, but I don't want them to be bored. This is their 3rd cruise (traveled the Brilliance and Legend before). They usually enjoy eating in the dining room, the arcade and the evening shows.

Thanks for ANY help!!

They will be fine. I haven't cruised her, but the reviews are mostly very positive; no, there won't be as many kids as on some ships, but if they are not into the kids programs they should have as much fun as on any ship. Our grandaughters, when they were young could have fun just hanging out by the pool on sea days and going on excursions or walking around town on poet days. Sounds like your boys are similar. they will have a great time. Let us know when you get back. NMNita

We've found an incredible deal for a '05 Spring Break 14-day cruise on the Zenith. We have two boys 8 & 14, and are a little nervous about how small and old the boat is. Has anyone cruised on the Zenith with kids? They're not into the kids programs, but I don't want them to be bored. This is their 3rd cruise (traveled the Brilliance and Legend before). They usually enjoy eating in the dining room, the arcade and the evening shows.

Thanks for ANY help!!

Hi Laura !

Based on what you have said, I truly think you wont have any problems with the kids on Zenith at all.

A few things to keep in mind.... yes, Zenith does get a little older crowd, but as it is Spring Break, there should be a larger amount of children than usual.

Also, they do have some great programs for kids, so that should work out well. Lastly, if they like the dining room, shows, and arcades, they will all be there.

If you have a great deal, you should probably go for it ! Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Huey,

I just booked this cruise...and yes it is an unbelievable deal. I have a 13 year old son and 11 year old daughter, so there will be at least two kids on board. We just got back from NCL Dream, and my kids wouldn't go to the kids programs there after the first day, but they loved them last summer on RCCL Vision, so I think it just depends on the ship, plus what other kids are onboard. I think the kids should at least try out the program, what do they have to lose? I hope you decide to go, you can't pass up this deal.

Hi Huey,

I just booked this cruise...and yes it is an unbelievable deal. I have a 13 year old son and 11 year old daughter, so there will be at least two kids on board. We just got back from NCL Dream, and my kids wouldn't go to the kids programs there after the first day, but they loved them last summer on RCCL Vision, so I think it just depends on the ship, plus what other kids are onboard. I think the kids should at least try out the program, what do they have to lose? I hope you decide to go, you can't pass up this deal.

Diane, I maybe can understand the 13 year old not liking NCL kids club, but am surprised at the 11 year old. Most kids find that the best part about cruising NCL. I talked to several kids on our last cruise who loved the kids program. Our grandaughter, when younger loved the time she spent at Kids club as well as most of my cliants kids. Anyway, I guess everyone has to do what makes them happy. I am sure your kids found other things to do. Were there many kids on board, seems like a slow time, kids wise I would think. That would affect the program some I am sure. NMNita

Yes, newmexicoNita, it was a slow time. The cruise director said that there were 70 kids onboard, but I think they were mostly babies. They had to combine the 6-9 with the 10-12 year old group, and although my daughter is usually good with little kids, she got board. My son went to one activity where there was no one else there, and one where it was just him and one other girl. They had a fine time hanging with us, but it was just different from the summer time on RCCL where there were 200+ kids and mine didn't even want to come to dinner with us. I had to force them to get off the ship in port. They would have stayed in the kids club there the entire cruise if we would have let them.

Yes, newmexicoNita, it was a slow time. The cruise director said that there were 70 kids onboard, but I think they were mostly babies. They had to combine the 6-9 with the 10-12 year old group, and although my daughter is usually good with little kids, she got board. My son went to one activity where there was no one else there, and one where it was just him and one other girl. They had a fine time hanging with us, but it was just different from the summer time on RCCL where there were 200+ kids and mine didn't even want to come to dinner with us. I had to force them to get off the ship in port. They would have stayed in the kids club there the entire cruise if we would have let them.

I think that may have been part of the problem. Actually our oldest grandaughter, now 22 took her first cruise at abot 13 or 14 and was always happy hanging out with us or around the pool The younger one liked the kids programs. NMnita

Archived