Rome Cabs, Stefano Rome tour specific questions

Weroff2rome

We were all set to take the trip of a life time last year and then my husband got ill. Fortuneatly he is now better and we are going to give it another go. This time I want to make sure it is very special as I could have lost the man of my dreams. The situation has changed since our last plans and it will be just the two of us. I have decided to give most of my business to Rome Cabs/Stefano Rome tours as he was so kind when I had to cancel. I have some specific questions though I was wondering if anyone can answer. I don't want to seem too pushy as he had done so much work for us and then we had to cancel.

so here goes, this time I am going to want to do a pre and post stay in Rome, I am thinking of four days each way. We are doing a different route so we will miss the italian ports we originally were going to do. Does anyone know if he will package up day trips for us? We were thinking of using Rome as a base and heading to Florence for a day, Pompeii one day with the Amalfi, maybe to the lakes area etc. I found flights that were really cheap to go to Venice for a day from Rome and we will do that too. (The cruise will be mostly in Greece) so I guess my first question is, I have an idea of what he charges for these types of tours, do you think if we used him for all our tours and transfers he would discount it for us? Has anyone used one company for so much work and been happy with them? He seems like a nice man and was gracious when we had to cancel so I would like to give him the business but I just want to make sure we won't regret using only one company.

Thanks for any input you have.

I agree that Rome Cabs,Stefano, is excellent. We have used them for transfers a few times and always been very happy with him and those who work for him.. According to their web site they do a tour of Rome and a tour of Florence from Rome.Venice and Naples etc are really far away from Rome and you would be better staying a few days in each place in order to see them and get the most from your time.I am sure that if Rome Cabs does not do tours from those places that they will be able to recommnend a company that does.You really do not need a guide in Venice at all. Just get a good guide book and do it yourself. I really suggest you contact Stefano to see exactly what they are able to do for you.No one can speak for Stefano but Stefano which is probably why you are not getting any answers. Believe me you are not taking advantage of him,its his job. Hope you have a great time.

I would use Rome as a base to see Rome and its surrounding area. I would NOT use it as a base to see Venice or the lakes which are much further away.

Try not to think that you must see all of Italy on this trip.

Each area is very rich in what it has to offer and jumping around will not be as pleasant as spending some real time in each place.

We used Stefano ourselves and had an absolutely spectacular time in Rome. He understood what our touring priorities were and went above and beyond to get us there. I would suggest Rome as a base for... well, Rome. There is so much to see and do in the Eternal City you could spend your entire vacation there and be completelty satisfied. A day in the Vatican Museum alone would be worth the trip

We started planning our trip with an Amalfi adventure, and Rome Cabs/Stefano himself came recommended by Salvatore Lucibello of Drive Amalfi. Our day began with a tour of Herculaneum. Then we asked for a drive down the Amalfi coast, and lunch at a local restaurant of the guide's choosing. Oh my heavens--the best meal we had on our trip, maybe in my entire life! As letsgo39 stated Amalfi is a long distance from Rome. I recommend staying in Sorrento. It's a lovely little town with wonderful things to offer.

We had Florence and Pisa on another day and enjoyed a tour with Rome in Limo. They too were awesome and we saw so much more on our tour than we ever would on our own. Long line to see David? No problem! They took us through the back door and right up to the man himself. And an excellent side trip to the monastery above town for a breathtaking view of Florence.

Sorry for the long post, but many opinions are usually the best option when considering what to do on the trip of a lifetime. So glad your husband is recovered and able to make the trip. Enjoy!

We have used Stefano many times, including a trip through Tuscany. I guess it depends upon how much you want to do on your own and how much you want to have someone care for you. We decided we really wanted someone knowledgeable about the language, the roads, the restaurants, etc., so we had Stefano drive us through Tuscany, spending the night in San Gimignano instead of heading back to Rome. Will it cost more than doing it on your own--yes. But having someone take us to out of the way restaurants, recommending things on the menu, driving us through tiny streets...all no hassle. And yes he did discount his normal fee because we had booked him for a few days pre-cruise and for a day when we returned from the cruise. I have already booked Stefano for October 2011!

Archived