Carnival Fans - Would you ever spend more for a different cruise line?

MagnoliaFly

Would you pay more for a different cruise line?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay more for a different cruise line?

• Yes I have, and I thought it was worth it
    • Yes I have, and it wasn't worth it
    • No I have not but I might
    • No I have not and I never would
    • Carnival or Die!
    • Other (leaving comment)

I would never sail on Carnival with a child so if I ever have kids and we want to cruise with them it will be on another line like Disney. My sister and nephew went on Disney and they had a fantastic time!

Life's too short to stick to the same thing for every trip. I love Negril more than anywhere else in the world but I have enjoyed my trips to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta as well (but didn't like Cancun, though I'm glad I got to experience it to know I don't like it). I would have missed out on a lot of experience if I just kept going back to Negril again and again and again. I thought Carnival was OK but can't wait to try out NCL, RCI, and even Disney someday.

Could you please tell me why you wouldnt sail on Carnival with a kid? I have cruised with my son on Disney and we loved it, we are doing Disney again this year but I was thinking of trying Carnival earlier in the year with my 5 yr old. I have sailed Carnival once and it was years ago.

We really like the choices of itineraries, and the onboard atmosphere, of Carnival. But...my husband really wants to try the zipline in Labadee, so eventually we'll have to try the other cruise line.

Labadee is beautiful you must go!!!

Could you please tell me why you wouldnt sail on Carnival with a kid? I have cruised with my son on Disney and we loved it, we are doing Disney again this year but I was thinking of trying Carnival earlier in the year with my 5 yr old. I have sailed Carnival once and it was years ago.

Sorry I read the reply from page 2

This was answered in post #24.:)

Bill

I've cruised on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Norweigan, Celebrity, and Disney and loved them all. While price is definitely important, itinerary & length of cruise are also very important and I take all in consideration when trying to find a cruise.

Terri

DH and I cruise to RELAX, so the answer is a resounding, "NO!" I have no desire to pay an upcharge for rock climbing walls, surfing at sea, or the privilege of sailing with 5500 strangers. Perhaps if I ever win the lottery I'd move over to Silversea or something, but as long as Carnival is offering the product they are, and as long as my cruising agenda is, sleep, eat, relax, sleep, eat, relax (repeat x 1 week) I have no intention of paying for things I'll never use.

Trying to get the best bang for your buck does not necessarily mean buying the cheapest cruise possible. You have to weigh number of days and amenities against the cost. A cruise that costs a few dollars more may provide significantly more amenities and therefore be a better buy.

I was discussing this with one of my friends that is doing a Disney cruise next year. The cruises with Disney and other more expensive lines look nice but when I weigh the cost I just don't know if it is worth paying an amount that would equal 3 Carnival Cruises for one Disney cruise.

Let me add that I do not have children so I don't know if that would make any difference in my decision.

What do you guys think? Has anyone tried a more expensive line and come back to Carnival or left Carnival for a more expensive line?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Have no desire to stray. Been on 5 Carnival cruises and have already booked the 6th. If someone wants to give me one on another line I might try it.

Have no desire to stray. Been on 5 Carnival cruises and have already booked the 6th. If someone wants to give me one on another line I might try it.

I'm Platinum on Carnival. 15 of my now 51 cruises have been on Carnival. Carnival IS my favorite, but 36 cruises have been on other lines. And none of them have been bad. Some were such that I won't soon be looking to cruise that line again soon, but none that were BAD!

That said, many lines have itineraries Carnival does not have. Why pass up those interesting cruises to remain 'faithful' to Carnival? Also prices are constantly changing. Carnival is often best priced, but MSC is lower very often. And RCL and Celebrity are often less on particular sailings. As is NCL. Even Princess sometimes beats Carnival's price.

There are over 200 cruise ships sailing the oceans, only 23 have red, white, and blue whale tails.

I'm Platinum on Carnival. 15 of my now 51 cruises have been on Carnival. Carnival IS my favorite, but 36 cruises have been on other lines. And none of them have been bad. Some were such that I won't soon be looking to cruise that line again soon, but none that were BAD!

That said, many lines have itineraries Carnival does not have. Why pass up those interesting cruises to remain 'faithful' to Carnival? Also prices are constantly changing. Carnival is often best priced, but MSC is lower very often. And RCL and Celebrity are often less on particular sailings. As is NCL. Even Princess sometimes beats Carnival's price.

There are over 200 cruise ships sailing the oceans, only 23 have red, white, and blue whale tails.

Such a good point! I know a lot goes into the decision of which cruise line to go with and it is always nice when the most economical cruise line gives you a great experience when you can't afford to try something new for a while.

I would pay more if the ship went somewhere that I wanted to cruise to and Carnival didn't go to that destination.

That's why we tried RCI. We wanted to see Aruba and at the time, Carnival didn't go there. We went on the Adventure of the Seas and wasn't impressed with her at all. We aren't in to rock climbing or ice skating or anything else that she had other than her itinerary. She was not a "Fun Ship". We missed the fun atmosphere of the Carnival Ships and thought that the friendliness of the fellow passengers wasn't there. We'll stick with Carnival.

This is not even an issue when you vacation as a family. 9 cruises, and my now 12 year old has never seen the inside of a camp.

Nor have we ever passed her off to strangers.

My husband and I are cruising with our three kids in January. We do not like to pass off our children to strangers, and feel that we are on a vacation so that we may enjoy our time together. We are taking my mother-in-law with us so that we may have a kid-free dinner and go to a couple shows. My children are my responsibility and I do not vacation to get away from them.

My husband and I are cruising with our three kids in January. We do not like to pass off our children to strangers, and feel that we are on a vacation so that we may enjoy our time together. We are taking my mother-in-law with us so that we may have a kid-free dinner and go to a couple shows. My children are my responsibility and I do not vacation to get away from them.

I'd click LIKE if there were one here!

Archived