Alaska - Is This a New Destination for Oceania?

Wannaknow

We are booked for June 29th on Regatta. We are going with another couple. It was all planned when we "stepped in."

Have not been on Oceania, but like the small ships & fewer people. Also no formal nite. Have you been on Oceania before? Have you been to Alaska before?

Yes, these back-back will be our 10 and 11th cruises on Oceania.

We love O for all the reasons you can read all about on this board: great food, wonderful service, no children (off season when we sail), and NO smoking with exception of two easily avoidable spots. :)

We are booked for June 29th on Regatta. We are going with another couple. It was all planned when we "stepped in."

Have not been on Oceania, but like the small ships & fewer people. Also no formal nite. Have you been on Oceania before? Have you been to Alaska before?

Yes and yes. We were in Alaska for our honeymoon, 20 years ago and will be on our 4th Oceania cruise - it will be the grand slam finale - we have been on the Insignia and Nautica and will be on the Marina in July and the Regatta for Alaska. Other than the Marina, it will be in just about the same cabin each time. You are right - smaller ship and fewer people and no formal nights makes for an excellent time. I just wish the $1000 onboard credit that Oceania is extending per cabin for the Alaska sailings could be used to book shore excursions in advance. Then, Nirvana would set in (as you can see, I am easily pleased).

Oceania will be a wonderful way to see Alaska. Although it will be their first season, the parent company, that also runs Regent, has been in Alaska for many years. I'm sure Oceania will use Regent's experience for shore excursions.

Oceania will be a wonderful way to see Alaska. Although it will be their first season, the parent company, that also runs Regent, has been in Alaska for many years. I'm sure Oceania will use Regent's experience for shore excursions.

Is Oceania using the same "free excursions" as Regent? I have read that the "free excursions" on Regent book up early, because well, they are FREE. :D

Both Oceania and Regent look like fabulous cruises, we would love to cruise either one day.

*Just Curious* Thank you :)

Is Oceania using the same "free excursions" as Regent? I have read that the "free excursions" on Regent book up early, because well, they are FREE. :D

Both Oceania and Regent look like fabulous cruises, we would love to cruise either one day.

*Just Curious* Thank you :)

Firstly they are not "FREE" on Regent but rather included in the price.

NO Oceania does not include them and many of us are glad as we would most probably

not make use of them.

On O you can arrange your own or with others or you can take their offerings.:)

Archived