Paradise Beach Pics ... who can be first?

monicajay

December 15th has come and gone. Paradise Beach is still showing a sketch of the new pool facility on their web-site. Who will be the first to post some up-to-date pictures even if it is not complete, let's see where it is at.

Anybody been there lately???

I spoke to Colleen, whom I believe is the new Manager at PB, via facebook yesterday. I asked her if the pool opened, as scheduled. She said, "We are doing our very best and the water should be in the pool by Saturday". I asked her to post pics as soon as she can. I will post here, as I find out more info. I'll be visiting PB myself in a few weeks and will take lots of pics.

We are definately interested in knowing the status. We are to be in Cozumel on Christmas day. If it's not up and running we may just shop around the terminal but if it's ready we want to be one of the first to experience the new Paradise Beach!

Can someone confirm a few things for me. We are on Imagination 12/27. We want to go to Paradise. I don't think we need reservations - is that correct? And how do you pay. I noticed some places required cash. It is my understanding that this isn't an excursion but you just take a taxi from the pier. Does anyone know the cost?

We can't wait- this place looks awesome.

Can someone confirm a few things for me. We are on Imagination 12/27. We want to go to Paradise. I don't think we need reservations - is that correct? And how do you pay. I noticed some places required cash. It is my understanding that this isn't an excursion but you just take a taxi from the pier. Does anyone know the cost?

A taxi will run you $12-15 (depending on where you dock) ONE WAY for up to 4 people. If you are just a couple, check into a larger van going that way and see if you can get it for $5 each (each way).

There are always plenty of taxis....so don't worry about being able to catch one back.

You do NOT need reservations.

There is no entrance fee. There is a $2 to use a lounge chair/table/umbrella on the beach.

There is an OPTIONAL (not required) wristband if you want to use the nonmotorized water toys....kayaking, snorkeling, you can even climb a coconut tree (did that...made it to the top)...

ENJOY !!!

We docked on the southern-most pier of the 3. The taxi ride from there was $13 each way. We loved it there. It's a nice beach, and the inflatable slides and iceberg out on the water were so much fun! I've got plenty of pics in my review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1313457&highlight

We will be there January 4th.....

that pool is HUGE......

woo hoo....

The sad thing is that Tom is no longer there, he was a huge part of their success and excellent service. Please let us know if you notice any changes with Tom missing - will be interested to hear.....

Enjoy your cruise

The sad thing is that Tom is no longer there, he was a huge part of their success and excellent service. Please let us know if you notice any changes with Tom missing - will be interested to hear.....

Enjoy your cruise

Ut oh you may be on to something here... I always just associated Tom w/Paradise Beach.. Where is he, where did he go? He will definitely be missed.... I guess we don't have to sneak milk off the ship anymore huh??? lol

Elaine - Tom had started a party bus tour a few years back and it was starting to be profitable :) So he decided to dedicate more time and energy to its success - we will miss him on our trips to PB

We too will miss Tom. He went to the same college in Canada as my husband and we had lots of 'hockey' talk with him. Brought him maple syrup from Quebec (his home) and had the best drinks in exchange.

Hoping the new manager will be able to fill his shoes and of course wishing Tom the best of luck in his new business venture.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the beautiful pics. Is there decent snorkeling off the beach?

At Paradise Beach, kind of, maybe. There's a pier along the southern edge (to the left when looking at the water), and at the end of that pier, there are a ton of fish that congregate around there, especially at the ladder entrance to the water. It was pretty cool seeing all those fish there. There's no coral; the fish seem to be attracted to the shade and whatever groes on what holds the pier up. But I didn't check around anywhere else, nor did I see people snorkeling elsewhere.

Archived