Jewel aft cabins

judie43

Fantastic photos!! :D Thanks wrp96!

Looks funny to be wearing those bulky life jackets in the pictures now.

I don't miss those muster days! ;)

I don't miss carrying the life jacket but I do miss having the obligatory orange photo.:p

I'd take 1100 over 1600 for two people. Heck, I'd take 1602 over 1600. Not that 1600 isn't nice, but it is dark, and the balcony isn't as nice as 1100 - it's smaller, and at least on Brilliance & Serenade, had more furniture on it so that it was a bit crowded. And of course there's the price difference. You can see pictures of all 3 cabins by following the link in my signature (old photos taken before the new bedding was installed, but the layout hasn't changed;)).

Also great shots!! :D

Thanks critterchick....sigh....I am soooo looking forward to being on the Jewel for the first time next month. That is also the cruise that I finally make it to humble Diamond too! :)

I had heard that cabin, GS1600, was actually quite dark due to the configuration giving it only a single slider window opening to the balcony? That cabin was left open to booking for a long time on the Jewel I am going on in January. So it is really a good choice also?

I had GS1600 in August on JOS - We loved it - The balcony was very large - could fit 2 lounges and table and chairs. The interior was oddly shaped but i think in a good way - and had more room than a normal GS.

I didn't have a probelm with it being too dark.

I have a D2 9256 on the Jewel for 1/14/11. I booked in May 2009. At the time I booked the Jewel was supposed to go through the lock. I guess the fares going through the locks for these ships were too much and within 6 months they changed but to this day they have not informed us that they do not go though the lock.

I have a D2 9256 on the Jewel for 1/14/11. I booked in May 2009. At the time I booked the Jewel was supposed to go through the lock. I guess the fares going through the locks for these ships were too much and within 6 months they changed but to this day they have not informed us that they do not go though the lock.

Generally speaking, they don't notify you of itinerary changes, just the cancellation of the cruise. We've been on a couple of cruises where the ports have been changed and we didn't know until we happened to look at the itinerary for some reason.

I had GS1600 in August on JOS - We loved it - The balcony was very large - could fit 2 lounges and table and chairs. The interior was oddly shaped but i think in a good way - and had more room than a normal GS.

I didn't have a probelm with it being too dark.

Cool, maybe that is still an option for me after all! :)

Thanks!

Hi Pat! :)

Oh well, at least we still get to share a Ferry boat to go through the locks now! :)

I was also looking at that cabin, and it sure looks like it has a nice balcony much like JS 1100 above you. Cabin size is not important to me...but balcony size IS! We always spend a lot of time on our balcony and feel it is like our own little private slice of paradise!

• 5 months later...
Yes GS 1600 is slightly darker than a normal GS but the balcony is still huge. And since we had 3 adult women, we welcomed the extra space in the room (plus the concierge benefits were well worth it). We would've been perfectly happy in JS 1100 (I've sailed in that room too as well as JS 1602 - great balcony as well) but for our situation the GS worked even better.

Does anyone have photos of Jewel JS 1602 or any Radiance class ship 1602???

Also...... What in the world is the Mustard Of The Seas Cruise????? Trying to figure that one out!!!!!!

Also...... What in the world is the Mustard Of The Seas Cruise????? Trying to figure that one out!!!!!!

Years ago, someone started a tongue in cheek thread called "10 Reasons not to cruise RCCL." Eventually those of us corresponding on that thread created our own cruise ship called Mustard of the Seas (taking its name from the common mistake of referring to the muster drill as the Mustard drill). Many of the innovations that we created for Mustard of the Seas have now ended up on other ships, like Oasis.

The original thread now has over 100,000 posts but they just locked it and it is soon to be deleted. However, we have a new thread with the Best of 10 Reasons that you can easily peruse.

Thanks, Merion Mom!! :D

Gives us another choice when I am able to book. So it was not too dark in the cabin? I love corner aft balconies and had a huge one on my HAL Oosterdam cruise to Alaska. Felt like I was living a dream with that big balcony! :)

Just off the Jewel May 6th TA and had 9256 corner aft. If you can get this cabin you will have hit the jackpot. Do not have to pay for a JS as it is a D2 and offers just about everything the JS has except walk in closet and bathtub. Loved, loved, loved this cabin and would always try for it again.

Just off the Jewel May 6th TA and had 9256 corner aft. If you can get this cabin you will have hit the jackpot. Do not have to pay for a JS as it is a D2 and offers just about everything the JS has except walk in closet and bathtub. Loved, loved, loved this cabin and would always try for it again.

Have this cabin booked on sister ship Brilliance - thanks for giving it such a great thumbs up. Can't wait! :D

Interesting Wrona, can you please point me in THE right direction for this new thread? I cant seem to locate it.

Is everyone in live with THE word THE that it's bolder in red? Is there a secret counter somewhere? Too funny!

Thanks!

The original thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=211885

The best of http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=211885

[quote name='shirlmac']Just off the Jewel May 6th TA and had 9256 corner aft. If you can get this cabin you will have hit the jackpot. Do not have to pay for a JS as it is a D2 and offers just about everything the JS has except walk in closet and bathtub. Loved, loved, loved this cabin and would always try for it again.[/QUOTE]

We had that cabin on the Radiance in February. Loved it! Tried to book it for my Alaska cruise, but missed out. That cabin was booked even before it hit the website for available bookings. :(

Ventured one deck lower, and am booked into 8168. I think this is pretty much the same, but a smaller balcony. Better aft....than no aft! ;)

Archived