Roll call: SilverCloud Barbados-fll, march 5-14

tonyballoons

Hey everybody,

who is joining us for this cruise on the beautifull CLoud?

It will be our thrid cruise with the cloud, last time we did the transatlantic crossing in november, and we hope to see lots of familiar faces on board.

Hoteldirector Gianni Dotti, Chef Douglas, Sergio and all THE wonderfull crew on board...

Just keeping our fingers crossed to get some nice wheather and a smooth flightconnection.

So,,,,,anybody???

Season's greetings

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey everybody,

who is joining us for this cruise on the beautifull CLoud?

It will be our thrid cruise with the cloud, last time we did the transatlantic crossing in november, and we hope to see lots of familiar faces on board.

Hoteldirector Gianni Dotti, Chef Douglas, Sergio and all THE wonderfull crew on board...

Just keeping our fingers crossed to get some nice wheather and a smooth flightconnection.

So,,,,,anybody???

Season's greetings

Hi Tony, just booked the Cloud. Would be interested in joining any tours. Does SilverSeas have a Meet & Mingle. It is our first time with the Silverseas. We were booked with the Whisper on the 4th but TA could not get the flights booked without us going a day or two earlier so switched to the Cloud. Celebrating a birthday on 3/8/ so pretty excited. kent and Sandy from Utah

Welcome onboard,

to all the firsttimers on the Cloud, it's all included:):):), you don't have to bring any cash onboard.

hopefully you all got the 1000$ OBC, I only got 500$ OBC but still very excited.

We arrive a day earlier and staying at the silver point hotel, the flight connections from Belgium to Barbados are terrible so we need a day to cool down.:):):)

looking foreward to meet you all...

Greetings from Belgium

Welcome onboard,

to all the firsttimers on the Cloud, it's all included:):):), you don't have to bring any cash onboard.

hopefully you all got the 1000$ OBC, I only got 500$ OBC but still very excited.

We arrive a day earlier and staying at the silver point hotel, the flight connections from Belgium to Barbados are terrible so we need a day to cool down.:):):)

looking foreward to meet you all...

Greetings from Belgium

Sounds good. Tony do you know anthing about the La Champagne my friend said she read it cost $200. to eat there. But I read some where $30. was the cost.????? I think the hubby said we got the $1000. and I hope since we booked so late that there will be tours still avaiable that I can spend it on. Hubby frowns on me spending it in the shops. Kent and Sandy ( giggle giggle)

Sounds good. Tony do you know anthing about the La Champagne my friend said she read it cost $200. to eat there. But I read some where $30. was the cost.????? I think the hubby said we got the $1000. and I hope since we booked so late that there will be tours still avaiable that I can spend it on. Hubby frowns on me spending it in the shops. Kent and Sandy ( giggle giggle)

last cruise we had 4 evenings in Le Champange, there is a extra fee to pay, around 30 $ each and you have to order a bottle of wine from the winelist, these wines aren't high priced. The maitre d' told us very few people go for the 200 $ a person option with the special wines included.

I've never heared a tour was fully booked with the cloud, they do cancel a lot of tours if there are not enough bookings. just book them onboad.

Greetings

last cruise we had 4 evenings in Le Champange, there is a extra fee to pay, around 30 $ each and you have to order a bottle of wine from the winelist, these wines aren't high priced. The maitre d' told us very few people go for the 200 $ a person option with the special wines included.

I've never heared a tour was fully booked with the cloud, they do cancel a lot of tours if there are not enough bookings. just book them onboad.

Greetings

Hey thanks Tony, are we getting any others to join us on CC, and what about the meet and mingle, does Cloud have one or do we not have enough people so far. Thanks for the info. so your saying you can eat in the LeChampange for about $30. prp. but you also need to perchase a bottle of wine. The $200. meal is an option. You do need reservations tho also right. You must have been impressed if you ate their 4 different evenings. Think I'll reserve it for my birthday dinner.

Hey thanks Tony, are we getting any others to join us on CC, and what about the meet and mingle, does Cloud have one or do we not have enough people so far. Thanks for the info. so your saying you can eat in the LeChampange for about $30. prp. but you also need to perchase a bottle of wine. The $200. meal is an option. You do need reservations tho also right. You must have been impressed if you ate their 4 different evenings. Think I'll reserve it for my birthday dinner.

great idea, we have never seen more than 10 people in Le Champange, perfect place for a birthday dinner. It costed us between 100 $ and 150 $ (for two) to have dinner at Le Champagne and we have seen people ordering just a bottle of water or a coke. That's a great thing about the silversea company, you can do whatever you want, and they serve the bottle of water with the same flair and smile like they serve a 200 $ bottle of wine...

I don't think Silversea organice a meet and mingle, but we can make one ourself -;), first day onboard, poolbar, five o'clock, cocktail of the day, glass of pomery, a cold beer, all is possible on the Cloud...

Love to meet you and the other CC-members onboard,

greetings

great idea, we have never seen more than 10 people in Le Champange, perfect place for a birthday dinner. It costed us between 100 $ and 150 $ (for two) to have dinner at Le Champagne and we have seen people ordering just a bottle of water or a coke. That's a great thing about the silversea company, you can do whatever you want, and they serve the bottle of water with the same flair and smile like they serve a 200 $ bottle of wine...

I don't think Silversea organice a meet and mingle, but we can make one ourself -;), first day onboard, poolbar, five o'clock, cocktail of the day, glass of pomery, a cold beer, all is possible on the Cloud...

Love to meet you and the other CC-members onboard,

greetings

Sounds good to us I think????? We will be cutting it close to get on the ship that day as we don't arrive in Barbados till 2:30 from Miami and I don't know how far the pier is from the airport. But we'll sure try to meet at the poolside bar at 5pm for that evenings cocktail hour. Thanks, hope we get some more cc interest before we sail. Have a great weekend.

Sounds good to us I think????? We will be cutting it close to get on the ship that day as we don't arrive in Barbados till 2:30 from Miami and I don't know how far the pier is from the airport. But we'll sure try to meet at the poolside bar at 5pm for that evenings cocktail hour. Thanks, hope we get some more cc interest before we sail. Have a great weekend.

Interesting recent reply from SS,s. The hubby likes a certain cereal everyday so we requested it for our upcoming cruise. So right away an e-mail confirming they'd have it on board came right back. So we are getting antsy to get on board this lovely ship. We have not got our final paperwork so don't know what nights will be the formal nights. Do you know.????

• 2 weeks later...

Traveltime from the airport to the ship is 20 to 30 min. by taxi, waitingtime at the pier and check in to the Cloud 1 min. you can find some info on how to get to the pier on http://barbados.org/tours/

it seems that we will have all the ship to ourselfs:D

greetings

Just posted on another thread some info on the Le Champagne dining room. We had a great, fun experience. As noted below, you need to look over and compare the various menu options to see which one is of most interest. Enjoy your birthday cruise! Below is a visual preview on some options we enjoyed.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 31,900 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here’s an overview of the setting for the Le Champagne dinner. It is a roomy setting for a small group of only sixteen people this evening. There are five different menu options, two from France, one from Italy, one from Spain and one from America with wines paired for each different course. For this evening, our theme was “Best of Burgundy”.:

LeChampRoomOverview.jpg

This was the main course of whole roasted chicken with crayfish with a Pinot Noir wine.:

LeChampMainChickenDish.jpg

Near the end was this little extra light delight in this nicely style glass added before the grand finish with the spectacular dessert.:

LeChampSpecialAdded.jpg

I sure thought we'd be getting some action on CC by now. Your right looks like we are the only ones sailing on this beautiful ship. Guess we will not have a problem using the gym equipment any hour of the day. Have a great weekend. Kent and Sandy

Hey Tony, do you have any idea about what nights will be Formal nights.??? I suspect Sunday and Thursday. Sandy

today the Silver Box has arrived!!!! looking great with the nice luggage tags, still missing the silver pen :mad:, It's a nice box to store the printed holidayphotos.

hey Sandy, we love the Formal nights, no idea which nights will be formal, hopefully we will have a galley brunch, with chef Douglas it's great !!!

does anybody know, who 's our captain on this trip?

Greetings from Belgium,,,,

today the Silver Box has arrived!!!! looking great with the nice luggage tags, still missing the silver pen :mad:, It's a nice box to store the printed holidayphotos.

hey Sandy, we love the Formal nights, no idea which nights will be formal, hopefully we will have a galley brunch, with chef Douglas it's great !!!

does anybody know, who 's our captain on this trip?

Greetings from Belgium,,,,

We like the formal nights also. Our silver box is in our hot little hands also. No silver pen. Does SilverSeas run around taking your photos constantly like some of the other ships do.????? Then display them each night.???? Would love to have a galley brunch with the Chef. A friend from Canada said she thinks the Cloud has the only woman Captain. HHHMMM Might be interesting if that is true. Packed some warm weather clothes, since our State is in a deep freeze, then DUH!! Sandy had to unpack them for the warm weather in the Caribbean. I am going to pack a sweater or two as I have gotten cold real often on a couple of ships.Hope your having a great day. Kent and Sandy

We like the formal nights also. Our silver box is in our hot little hands also. No silver pen. Does SilverSeas run around taking your photos constantly like some of the other ships do.????? Then display them each night.???? Would love to have a galley brunch with the Chef. A friend from Canada said she thinks the Cloud has the only woman Captain. HHHMMM Might be interesting if that is true. Packed some warm weather clothes, since our State is in a deep freeze, then DUH!! Sandy had to unpack them for the warm weather in the Caribbean. I am going to pack a sweater or two as I have gotten cold real often on a couple of ships.Hope your having a great day. Kent and Sandy

Looks like it is just us Tony fromm CC. Can't believe we never got anymore takers.We have always had such a nice bunch of folks we've met on CC on all our other cruises. It's count down time now. Have a nice week and we will see you in Barbardos. kent and Sandy

Looks like it is just us Tony fromm CC. Can't believe we never got anymore takers.We have always had such a nice bunch of folks we've met on CC on all our other cruises. It's count down time now. Have a nice week and we will see you in Barbardos. kent and Sandy

Tonight, it's packing the bags !!!!! tomorrow we are leaving for NewYork, staying one night in NewYork, next day is barbados !!!! Just to be save with the flightconnections we booked one night in barbados.

Next Rendez-vous, poolbar SilverCloud, Barbados, five o'clock, all CC-members,

many greetings, looking foreward to meet you:):)

Tonight, it's packing the bags !!!!! tomorrow we are leaving for NewYork, staying one night in NewYork, next day is barbados !!!! Just to be save with the flightconnections we booked one night in barbados.

Next Rendez-vous, poolbar SilverCloud, Barbados, five o'clock, all CC-members,

many greetings, looking foreward to meet you:):)

We fly out in the morning to Miami, we'll stay the night there, then onto Barbados.We let Silverseas do the flight arrangements but even at that we'll be cutting it pretty close getting on the ship. I'll be ready for that toddy at the Poolside bar at 5'pm. See all you CC members then. kent and Sandy

Archived