Luggage on cruise tours

welly world

I apologize in advance if this has already been answered... just couldn't find it!

We are going on a cruise tour in July and were wondering how the luggage is dealt with. We previously were on a cruise tour with another line and once we left the ship to do the land portion, we packed what we weren't going to use in certain pieces of luggage and they were stored someplace and then sent to the airport when it was time to leave Alaska. Then we just had to worry about the pieces on the land tour part and not lug everything around. How is this handled with Celebrity?

I apologize in advance if this has already been answered... just couldn't find it!

We are going on a cruise tour in July and were wondering how the luggage is dealt with. We previously were on a cruise tour with another line and once we left the ship to do the land portion, we packed what we weren't going to use in certain pieces of luggage and they were stored someplace and then sent to the airport when it was time to leave Alaska. Then we just had to worry about the pieces on the land tour part and not lug everything around. How is this handled with Celebrity?

This is pretty confusing. What do you mean by going on land tour after being done with a cruise? How would the cruise line be involved in that? Are you asking whether Celebrity will store your luggage somewhere after your cruise is over and you get off the ship?

I think more explanation is needed here.

We are on a cruise tour in Alaska with Celebrity. We do the cruise portion first, and then the land portion. Do we have to take all of our luggage on the land portion? Or do we only take what is needed and will Celebrity send the other pieces on to the airport for when we leave Alaska?

We are on a cruise tour in Alaska with Celebrity. We do the cruise portion first, and then the land portion. Do we have to take all of our luggage on the land portion? Or do we only take what is needed and will Celebrity send the other pieces on to the airport for when we leave Alaska?

Ok, that is what I thought you were saying.

I have never heard of Celebrity taking care of (storing) luggage after a passenger leaves the ship. That does not mean that it doesn't happen; I simply have never heard of this being done. Perhaps another poster has had that experience and will care to comment.

We did it the reverse way...land and then cruise. Our bags were labeled...the ones that were to stay underneath the bus for the cruise and the ones that were to be taken off at each land stop. It was easy and a great trip. I don't know for sure, but I would guess they would do it the same way, and then when the trip is over, you and all your luggage would wind up at the airport. Enjoy!

Fran

When I took the Alaska cruise and land tour last year all the luggage was tagged for the particular tour and went onto the bus. You can also bring a carryon with you. The tour director will explain the stowed baggage option after boarding the bus. The luggage is placed in your room at each stop. Once your trip is completed - the land tour will pick up your luggage from your room and take you to the airport where you then can retrieve and check in for your flight. Hope this helps!

We are doing a land tour through Celebrity after the Alaska Cruise. We depart from Anchorage to return home but have a late flight, 8:40 PM. Any one know how Celebrity handles this, both luggage and transportation from the Hotel to the airport. Will we be on our own from time of check out and need to make our own way to the airport? Departure times from Anchorage to Pittsburgh were all 8:40 or later.

Mary Lou

We did it the reverse way...land and then cruise. Our bags were labeled...the ones that were to stay underneath the bus for the cruise and the ones that were to be taken off at each land stop. It was easy and a great trip. I don't know for sure, but I would guess they would do it the same way, and then when the trip is over, you and all your luggage would wind up at the airport. Enjoy!

Fran

Thank you! That was the information that I was looking for!

We did a cruise with a land tour at the end through Princess. We packed up the dressy clothes in one suitcase, labled it with the label they gave us, and left that one with them. We each took our other suitcase with jeans, sweaters, etc. for the landtour. Each time we moved to a different location, they would pick up our luggage and take it the next spot. When we would check in, it would be waiting for us in our room. We didn't receive the one with our dressy clothes until the last stop. We opted to stay an extra night in Anchorage, which was our last stop. We called a taxi for the ride to the airport.

We did a cruise with a land tour at the end through Princess. We packed up the dressy clothes in one suitcase, labled it with the label they gave us, and left that one with them. We each took our other suitcase with jeans, sweaters, etc. for the landtour. Each time we moved to a different location, they would pick up our luggage and take it the next spot. When we would check in, it would be waiting for us in our room. We didn't receive the one with our dressy clothes until the last stop. We opted to stay an extra night in Anchorage, which was our last stop. We called a taxi for the ride to the airport.

That is exactly what happened when we were on Princess, also. I was wondering if Celebrity does this? Or if we take all of our luggage to every hotel every time we go to a new town.

That is exactly what happened when we were on Princess, also. I was wondering if Celebrity does this? Or if we take all of our luggage to every hotel every time we go to a new town.
I did a reverse Land first and cruise after cruisetour last July.

Only what you need in the hotel is delivered to your room each night. There is a tagging system which shows the tour director and the bus driver what remains on the bus locked in storage and what is delivered to your room. No reason to have cruise clothes with you in the room and they are perfectly safe in storage on the bus.

If transfers to the hotel post cruisetour are included, then Celebrity will store your bags for you and deliver them to the airport.

My personal preference is to do the land first before the cruise, but everyone else has a different preference.

Thank you! That is what I was hoping for! You are only in the hotel such a short time, it seems pretty needless to have all of that luggage. The last time we went, we did the cruise first and opted to do it this way again. At least when we got off the ship, we still had something to look forward to! Thank you again for your answer!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Archived