Would you switch from Epic deck 11 to deck 9 if it meant saving $600?

jarz85

Hi, we are currently booked in a mini-suite (deluxe balcony) on deck 11 of the Epic for its 2nd TA next year. However, NCL currently has a really good sale going on where you can get a mini suite for the price of a balcony.

We paid around $1180 per person ($2360) total for the mini suite on deck 11 however the current prices are $759 per person ($1560 total) for the same rooms on lower decks.

Also, the category we are booked in and the one higher (I think its MA) are around $1030pp ($2060) total so still $300 cheaper than what we have paid so far.

If we book a new room we will lose our $75 OBC but I'm really interested in saving $600! I wont be booking on deck 8, only deck 9... is the view still ok? I know the life boats will be right below us but shouldnt block the view. Are these balonies covered?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Rick

So, I just sailed 11/27-12/4 and was in a balcony mid-ship on deck 8 port side. The room was great. The lifeboats were the deck under us, and did our room was actually even in the middle enough that we did now have a lifeboat issue at all.

Being on deck 9 you will be 2 decks above and the only way you will have an issue is if you look straight down, they will not hurt your view at all, sitting or standing.

Thanks for the replies, I will set my alarm for 4am so I can get up and ring my lovely PCC lol (sucks living on the other side of the world! Although it's going to be very warm here Xmas day (around 90f). The actual saving will be $765 which is huge for us! I will let you guys know tomorrow how it went!

Thanks again

Jump on those savings!! That will pay for all your gratuities, booze, specialty restaurants, and likely a nice watch or two. :)

I rang our PCC this morning and got our existing reservation changed. She couldn't find the price I was telling her at first but eventually did, she had no idea mini suites were going out that cheap haha

The total cost is $1645 compared to $2325 we were going to pay, plus we are in aussieland so factor in currency conversion and we have saved over $700

Our new suite is room 9091 and looking at the deck plans it's in an ok location and no one can look down on us!

Great score! Now you can start planning on where to spend that "found money" and not feel guilty blowing it on things that maybe you would not have done otherwise.

Sounds like time to splurge for that $199 couples spa pass too. :)

The only issue I see is that your door will be facing directly into the stairwell/elevator lobby. Even if you moved a couple of doors either direction it might make a significant difference. Even thought the rooms are very well sound insulated, you get a lot of "less than considerate" people having loud conversations in the stairwells.

Hi, we are currently booked in a mini-suite (deluxe balcony) on deck 11 of the Epic for its 2nd TA next year. However, NCL currently has a really good sale going on where you can get a mini suite for the price of a balcony.

We paid around $1180 per person ($2360) total for the mini suite on deck 11 however the current prices are $759 per person ($1560 total) for the same rooms on lower decks.

Also, the category we are booked in and the one higher (I think its MA) are around $1030pp ($2060) total so still $300 cheaper than what we have paid so far.

If we book a new room we will lose our $75 OBC but I'm really interested in saving $600! I wont be booking on deck 8, only deck 9... is the view still ok? I know the life boats will be right below us but shouldnt block the view. Are these balonies covered?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

We just got off the Epic on Saturday 12/18/10. We had a balcony guarantee and ended up in 8133 category BG midship. I would take it again no problem for a $600 savings. The Deck 11 vs Deck 9 is no big deal. In fact, 90% of everything is on Deck 6 and 7, so going down a couple of levels by stairs is nice vs waiting for an elevator

Hello everyone,

What can you tell me about 9072? Specifically is the balcony covered?

About how large is the balcony?

Thanks so much!

Janet

Go up a few posts where I post the link to the ship diagrams where the decks can be overlaid on each other (just drag it over and align the stairwells). It will tell you whether or not your balcony is covered.

Archived