Billing for three adults in a room?

fletcher57

Hi, Can somebody please tell me how HA charges for three adults in a room? Princess charges the first two people the full rate and the third person a reduced rate. Does HA do the same thing or do they bill all three the same rate? Thank you. Joyce

Have never done it but it seems that they offer a special on some cruises where the third and/or fourth person are free or a reduced rate. Normally the 3rd would be reduced rate but this all depends on the cruise destination and time of the year.

The third person is cheaper or free. When we orginally booked my adult son was charged 199.00. A month later they offered the third person for free, so I called up and they took the 199.00 off so we only paid the taxes. I think you should check the website even after you book because if they reduce it you can call up as long as it's before the final payment.

For our panama canal cruise next month we are only paying port fees and taxes on the third person.

Also for our Bermuda June 5th sailing we are only paying port fees and taxes on the third person. If you have an idea of what itinerary you are interested in you can go through the booking on HAL's website and put in 3 passengers and then pick your category of room. It will show the price breakdown. It differs by itinerary and date as to whether you get the free or reduced fare.

diane

Hi, Can somebody please tell me how HA charges for three adults in a room? Princess charges the first two people the full rate and the third person a reduced rate. Does HA do the same thing or do they bill all three the same rate? Thank you. Joyce

Pretty much all the major cruise lines have special 3rd/4th person pricing. I can tell you, from comparing them over the last few years, that HAL has much better 3rd/4th person pricing than Princess. On my HAL cruise for example, I paid $176 for the 3rd person - for a 10-day cruise!

The third person is cheaper or free. When we orginally booked my adult son was charged 199.00. A month later they offered the third person for free, so I called up and they took the 199.00 off so we only paid the taxes. I think you should check the website even after you book because if they reduce it you can call up as long as it's before the final payment.

Wow, Thank you all for your responses. That could be a deciding factor between HA and Princess. Once I talk with the others I will call HA to find out what the scoop is for our particular cruise. Amazing. Joyce

You will find that HAL has way better 3rd and 4th person rates in comparison to Princess. I've personally found that Princess only offers a few hundred dollars less, unlike HAL with most of the rates coming in under $399 for the extra person. This is not always the case on specialty itineraries, but it is fairly common.

We have taken a third passenger in our cabin the past 6 years and have never paid more than $99 plus port fees and taxes. Most times we only paid the port fees and taxes. However, be aware that you will pay the daily service charge for all 3 passengers.

Have a Deluxe for February - the 3rd person rate is a bit over $300 + port taxes, etc for the 10 day cruise.

I believe in general, HAL charges roughly 10% of the double occupancy rate for the 3rd and 4th person fares.

Archived