Tip re: Drinks in Souvenir Glasses

HazyDavy

Just relating my experience as it happened last week.

Maybe I was treated differently than they treat everyone else.:rolleyes:

When I was on the Epic [and I should have clarified my statement to be limited to the Epic since I can't say what they do on the other ships] and ordered a foo foo drink, ie a blended cocktail - not a martini or a highball, my experience was that unless I specified I wanted a regular glass they served it in a souvenir glass and charged me the extra $2.25. Also in my experience when I finished my drink the waiter took the souvenir glass. When I ordered another drink (unless I specified otherwise) they brought it in a new souvenir glass and charged me another $2.25 for that. Since I saw them washing the souvenir glasses at the bar, I'm assuming they resold them.

In my case, in my stateroom, whenever we brought a glass back it was taken when the room was cleaned. Again, I'm sure if we mentioned it they would have left them.

So, I'm just trying to give people a head's up. Unless you want the souvenir glass, ask for a regular glass and pay the lower price.

Is the souvenir glass included if you get the drink package?

If you read the Freestyle Daily, on the bottom of page two is the Bar Manager's Specials. It gives the drink of the day, and the price, with the option of getting it in the souvenir cup for an additional charge.

For example: (from Norwegian Star Panama cruise, day 1):

Cherry Lime-Aid $6.95

Get it in a souvenir cup for $1.75 more

So it is only the drink of the day that you can opt to get in a souvenir cup for an additional charge.

Is the souvenir glass included if you get the drink package?

Yes.

Our last cruise in May, we had several souvenir glasses. We had the UBP, we were not charged anything for them. I think we only brought 1 or 2 of them home.

Nobody took them from our cabin, unlike the OP's experience.

Just relating my experience as it happened last week.

Maybe I was treated differently than they treat everyone else.:rolleyes:

When I was on the Epic [and I should have clarified my statement to be limited to the Epic since I can't say what they do on the other ships] and ordered a foo foo drink, ie a blended cocktail - not a martini or a highball, my experience was that unless I specified I wanted a regular glass they served it in a souvenir glass and charged me the extra $2.25. Also in my experience when I finished my drink the waiter took the souvenir glass. When I ordered another drink (unless I specified otherwise) they brought it in a new souvenir glass and charged me another $2.25 for that. Since I saw them washing the souvenir glasses at the bar, I'm assuming they resold them.

In my case, in my stateroom, whenever we brought a glass back it was taken when the room was cleaned. Again, I'm sure if we mentioned it they would have left them.

So, I'm just trying to give people a head's up. Unless you want the souvenir glass, ask for a regular glass and pay the lower price.

Thank you for the information, I will pay attention when ordering my drinks. Good to know

• 4 weeks later...

A few times when I thought it was fun to drink out of the NCL souvenier glass, I would purchase the first drink and pay for the glass. Then I would order the rest of my drinks in a regular glass and just pour it in the fancy glass. They usually hold the same amount.