No More Carnival e-mails

planb

Has anyone noticed that once you have booked a cruise with Carnival all their e-mails with promo's stop? Our last 3 cruise this happen. As of the day prior to boooking we would be 1 about every other day than once booked NOTHING! We tested it again and booked in November we usually get tons of Hey, How about, Best prices Ever e-mails from them and they ended the next day. Funn since we book early savers and maybe this is a way to keep it out of your mind if the prices go lower pr change to 2 for 1. We do check them but wonder if those 1 day sales make it past alot of people due to no e-mails.:cool::cool:

Funn since we book early savers and maybe this is a way to keep it out of your mind if the prices go lower pr change to 2 for 1. We do check them but wonder if those 1 day sales make it past alot of people due to no e-mails.:cool::cool:

Their system is set up that way. A big reason is because, once booked, many people don't want to be bothered with further promotional emails. The other reason is because many of these "special promotions, one day sales, etc" don't really apply to people who have already booked. These special sales will have a specific promotional code, which can't be combined with whatever promotional code the person might already be booked under.

My only complaint about the Carnival e-mail system is I am no longer receiving comment card/emails. Nothing for the last 5 cruises. O'well, I suppose Carnival no longer cares if "they have exceeded my expectations". As a Platinum customer I find this a bit offensive. :mad:

i keep signing up for special emails and replies from the forums. it never happens. since carnival is my cruiseline of choice it is very frustrating too never receive anything at all.

and NO i dont like the new site. why do they keep changing something that already works. im tired of getting sent too a page that says it is under construction.

Has anyone noticed that once you have booked a cruise with Carnival all their e-mails with promo's stop? Our last 3 cruise this happen. As of the day prior to boooking we would be 1 about every other day than once booked NOTHING! We tested it again and booked in November we usually get tons of Hey, How about, Best prices Ever e-mails from them and they ended the next day. Funn since we book early savers and maybe this is a way to keep it out of your mind if the prices go lower pr change to 2 for 1. We do check them but wonder if those 1 day sales make it past alot of people due to no e-mails.:cool::cool:

If you are already booked and they send you an email with sales, youe cruise might be on there with a lower price.

As witnessed by their new website they don't want you to find a lower price once you're booked.

Bill

We did try and see if we set up another e-mail from our other mails and we receive no specials or offers on that only a person to call to set up a new cruise. Anyone find how to "really" see what is offered or lower prices? And yes I don't like the new sight either.:rolleyes:

If you are already booked and they send you an email with sales, youe cruise might be on there with a lower price.

As witnessed by their new website they don't want you to find a lower price once you're booked.

Bill

this is my thinking. This has been a problem for years. No one seems to be able to get them unless you provide a 2nd email addy.

I used to receive e-mails from Carnival about every few days. Once I booked my second Carnival cruise, I noticed they stopped. Once I sailed on Princess (which I don't plan to do again), I even called to reinstate e-mails, and have yet to receive them (after calling in the fall of 2007). I would much rather sail on Carnival than Princess (after giving Princess 2 chances), but I suppose I, too, will have to rely on checking out the website periodically for deals.

My only complaint about the Carnival e-mail system is I am no longer receiving comment card/emails. Nothing for the last 5 cruises. O'well, I suppose Carnival no longer cares if "they have exceeded my expectations". As a Platinum customer I find this a bit offensive. :mad:

Platinum or not, everyone's opinion is important .....actually more so from those who are not Carnival loyalists in the hopes of keeping them loyal on a coporate level. We have yet to receive an email comment card either.

i am now receiving emails from post on the forums ( you have too click on options and select recieve emails ). and i am also seeing my days left when i click on manage my cruise. but, i have yet too receive any emails for specials and promotions from carnival about any cruises. i have signed up for this many times and it never happens.

Archived