Carnival vs Royal

ND Cruisers too

Hello all......we have only been on 4 cruises and they have all been on Royal Caribbean. We are thinking about trying Carnival next.

Any of you that have been on both please let me know your thoughts...good idea or not.....and what is your favorite Carnival ship...any certain things that any of you really like about Carnival!!!

Thanks for your suggestions!

I like both Conquest and Spirit class ships best. Food will be tastier but wine packages are not very good on Carnival. Also the room service menu is very limited as is the dinner buffet when not doing MDR. Carnival has caught up with RCCL the last few years in destruction of entertainment, especially full bands.

I have only been on one RC cruise as opposed to many Carnival, but the RC one was one of the best. The food and service was better on that one cruise than every single Carnival one I'd taken - my ex-fiance/best friend agrees. But they are both great cruise lines.

I have done both and am looking forward to our next Carnival cruise. I find the food in the MDR much better on Carnival. I love the grill with made to order burgers and the 24 hour ice cream, both on Carnival. True Loyals to Royals are very "protective" of their cruise line. Me, I enjoy both. I look for dates and prices that suit me and enjoy the experience.

Hello all......we have only been on 4 cruises and they have all been on Royal Caribbean. We are thinking about trying Carnival next.

Any of you that have been on both please let me know your thoughts...good idea or not.....and what is your favorite Carnival ship...any certain things that any of you really like about Carnival!!!

Our favorite Carnival ship is the Carnival Liberty. She might be a good transition from Royal Caribbean to Carnival. As you may know, each Carnival ship has a different theme and decoration, so you can expect everything from tasteful and elegant, to garish and hideous.

The Carnival Liberty is inspired in European artists, so decoration is more low key. You'll find plenty of woods, wrought iron, murano light fixtures, and muted colors. We've been on her twice, and had WONDERFUL times both times. Our favorite itinerary was the 7 night itinerary to the Eastern Caribbean (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten). What a way to relax! :)

Carnival Liberty is part of the very popular Conquest class of ships (110,000 tons). Not huge compared to the Oasis of the Seas, but a very nice size with plenty of lounges, bars and entertainment. She doesn't have a large selection of alternative dining venues, but Harry's Steakhouse is a must! It was truly the highlight of our cruise.

Comparing Carnival to Royal Caribbean ships, they tend to be more standard than innovative. In general Carnival focuses on an activity filled daily schedule rather than on actual entertainment venues. Carnival offers the most bang for your buck. Large, comfortable cabins, great cabin and main dining room service, and food at par with Royal Caribbean.

Be realistic though. Although many passengers say that Carnival and Royal Caribbean are more alike than not, the gap is widening with the retirement of older ships and newer ships joining each respective fleet.

That's just a BS thing to say. They both have good customer service AND ships.

I never did get the "us vs. them" mentality. It is okay to like both.

I like 'em both too. And that's my findings.....

When I cruise RCCL, I'm sailing with a bunch of other people.

When I cruise CCL, it's a gelled community by the end of the week.

By the way, stay away from the older, smaller ships. We just returned from the Carnival Fascination out of Jacksonville, and it was a little bit of a letdown.

The ship was OK, but the food and entertainment were a bit ho-hum

I like 'em both too. And that's my findings.....

When I cruise RCCL, I'm sailing with a bunch of other people.

When I cruise CCL, it's a gelled community by the end of the week.

Ok, guess I mistook your meaning.

I have only been on one RCCL ship and had a blast with that one, but I have to say, when I was on the Freedom last year, everyone knew each other by the end.

I like the ships (general look, decor) better on Royal, founds the rooms a bit bigger on Carnival and enjoyed the food much better on Carnival. Have a good time regardless! There are some differences but many similarities!

I agree.... both lines have good points.

Carnival's cold cream soups and lobster tails are nicer than RCCL's, but I'd willingly sail on either line.

I've done both and prefer Carnival. I don't know if it's just the ships I've been on with RCI, but I've not experienced better service on RCI than Carnival. I like the rooms and food better on Carnival. The only reason I'd choose RCI at this point is for the itinerary or possibly if it is a good deal, though normally I find Carnival pricing lower. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with RCI if you go on a ship that interests you with an itinerary that interests you. If I were to recommend a Carnival ship to you, my favorite has been the Valor. I like the bigger ships. We are about to go on the Freedom, so in a couple of weeks I can tell you how that one is.:D

I have sailed 4 Carnival and 4 Royal and am about to sail my 5th Carnival..I have sailed the Fascination (Carnival ) and the Sovereign of the Seas (Royal) and the older ships were just fine!! My point is that neither cruise line is bad and I obviously you can tell I will sail either line. I have seen drunken idiots that are out of control on BOTH lines and I have seen well behaved proper people on both lines so do not let people say that one is lower class than the other. I have had great times on both lines, partied on both, and made great memories! The only thing I didn't like was that at 730pm on a Carnival cruise I was told I was being too loud..lol..we were drinking in the atrium bar and were told to quiet down so I said, "Thought Carnival was the 'FUN' ships?" anyway..I had so much fun that I sold many drinks for the cruise line that night..to all my WOO WOO sisters out there, love ya!

I would sail both lines, anytime...I don't really notice a difference..

I have sailed 4 Carnival and 4 Royal and am about to sail my 5th Carnival..I have sailed the Fascination (Carnival ) and the Sovereign of the Seas (Royal) and the older ships were just fine!! My point is that neither cruise line is bad and I obviously you can tell I will sail either line. I have seen drunken idiots that are out of control on BOTH lines and I have seen well behaved proper people on both lines so do not let people say that one is lower class than the other. I have had great times on both lines, partied on both, and made great memories! The only thing I didn't like was that at 730pm on a Carnival cruise I was told I was being too loud..lol..we were drinking in the atrium bar and were told to quiet down so I said, "Thought Carnival was the 'FUN' ships?" anyway..I had so much fun that I sold many drinks for the cruise line that night..to all my WOO WOO sisters out there, love ya!

I would sail both lines, anytime...I don't really notice a difference..

Oops guess I have sailed 3 RC and 5 Carnival, soon to be 6 Carnival

try the Carnival Dream!!!!!!! a Cove Balcony!!!!!!! Amazing!

Archived