Summit Review 12/11 - 12/18/10 with photos

librarylady19

This was a wonderful review and I loved looking at all your photos.

I can't believe Keith Cox was CD. He was the CD on my first cruise on Princess in 1991. I hope he stays on Summit until I get here in May. That would be fun.

Question about Normandie on the first night. Is that open to all passengers or was that only because you were in a Suite that you were offered dining there?

Thanks for taking time to do the review.

Normandie was open to all; we were offered the complimentary dining by virtue of being booked in a Suite. Do dine there if you can; it is well worth the $35pp charge!

Thanks. I enjoyed reading reviews and looking at photos so am glad that I can pass this on to others. I especially wanted to refute some of the very negative reviews of Summit that have been posted on CC. It was a wonderful ship with an amazing staff. I can't wait until it's Solsticized...with the addition of Qsine and AQ cabins it will be even better.

Sandi,

Thank you for the great review! My dd, mom and I are on the Summit for the first time in May going to Bermuda. I have been reading EVERYTHING I can to prepare for our trip. After seeing your photos I am looking forward to checking out the Cova Cafe!

Thanks again!

Lisa

Thanks. I enjoyed reading reviews and looking at photos so am glad that I can pass this on to others. I especially wanted to refute some of the very negative reviews of Summit that have been posted on CC. It was a wonderful ship with an amazing staff. I can't wait until it's Solsticized...with the addition of Qsine and AQ cabins it will be even better.

It was indeed so reassuring to read and enjoy your detailed review - less than five weeks til we board for the same itinerary. We are already thinking "same time, next year" so we can enjoy the Solsticized version, which should be not long out of dry dock in February 2012. Thank you for all the great details and photos!

Do you know if SS6145 is like SS6146 since it is on a corridor next to the other penthouse, I was wondering if it's as nice as yours was? Charlie

Not to intrude, bur 6145 and 6146 are exactly the same.

Sandi thanks for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I was on the Infinity last April and it was everything you said. Ant chance to getting the link to see all you pictures?

Norma

Hi Norma,

That's next on my list! There are uploaded to Webshots but I still have to edit them and add descriptions (before I forget what was what!).

I met most of the Summit sommeliers doing the "Wines Around the World" event Jan. 14. I don't remember a Maggie.

Hi Susan, you just sailed Summit then? Hope you had a great cruise:)

I leave 2 weeks from tomorrow:D Did you happen to meet an Asst

Bar manager by the name of Gerald? He is from Jamaica.

Hi Susan, you just sailed Summit then? Hope you had a great cruise:)

I leave 2 weeks from tomorrow:D

Yep, I was on Summit Jan. 8-15. It was fantastic! You are going to have a great time.

I'll post a review soon, hopefully before you leave. I do have some photos (mostly ports but a few of Summit) up on Webshots, although I'm still working on captioning them (have to check my notes on the Tobago birds).

Did you happen to meet an Asst

Bar manager by the name of Gerald? He is from Jamaica.

Nope, sorry.

Thanks for the great review and pictures. We plan to book Summit for January 28, 1012, so it was great to read about your trip. We did the Baltic this past summer on the Eclipse out of South Hampton. It was fantastic. Marlyne

Thanks for the great review and pictures. We plan to book Summit for January 28, 1012, so it was great to read about your trip. We did the Baltic this past summer on the Eclipse out of South Hampton. It was fantastic. Marlyne

You are going to be on the first cruise after she is Solsticizied!

Other than getting the rust off, what will they do? M

All the M class ships are going through a Solstization. They already

did Constellation.

Getting the rust off? This is much bigger than that. She will be out of

service for 3 weeks. New restaurants being added~Martini Bar being

moved and changed....

There is a link somewhere on here with all the items being done.

Yep, I was on Summit Jan. 8-15. It was fantastic! You are going to have a great time.

I'll post a review soon, hopefully before you leave. I do have some photos (mostly ports but a few of Summit) up on Webshots, although I'm still working on captioning them (have to check my notes on the Tobago birds).

Nope, sorry.

Hi Susan,:) this will be my 4th time on Summit so I already know I will

have a great time:D and I am looking forward to seeing your pictures

and reading your review:)

• 2 months later...

Sandi,

As a new cruise lover (been on 1, 2nd will be this May), your trip report was wonderful.

I'm planning on taking my first Celebrity cruise on the Summit. Right now I'm looking at the same itinerary you took, except I see they are discontinuing the Tobago stop and adding Charlotte Amalie at the end.

Hopefully I'll be on a sailing in March 2012 after the "solsticing" & in a Sky Suite.

Thanks again for all your hard work and effort

Archived