Pre-Paid Credit Cards

I tried running a search, but didn't come up with anything.

We are sailing with a friend who has a pre-paid visa. Can she use this for her on-board account? Since we're doing MTD, all the tips have been paid for already (of course we're taking cash for the day to day tipping, but no hold should be put on the card for this:)). Since she has no credit cards, it would be this or cash. Thanks!

Yes, you can secure your account with a pre-paid visa. I've done this for my teenage daughter in the past. What I don't remember is how much of it they put on hold.

By the way, I love your screen name. We have a pair of Maine Coon cats ourselves. I will never live without a least one 20 lb purring (I should say chirping) pillow in my life.

Hi,

I would check with your TA or with RCCL directly. I thought that settlement of on board account (if that is what you are enquiring about) could not be made with pre-paid cards but perhaps they have changed policy. I recall it was either cash or credit card.

Del.

On the Royal website, it says that it will not accept prepaid "debit/credit" cards. I just bought some as Christmas gifts, and noticed that all of them have "cannot be used outside the U.S." It's much easier to take the cash just to be safe. if she doesnt want to take alot of cahs, she can get travelers checks from the bank or AAA.

Thanks for all the quick answers! I called Royal today and according to them Goes Cruising is right - the rep said a pre-paid Visa was fine to secure an account (which is good because she already got one!). If we get there and find out it isn't, then we'll just use one of our credit cards for her. All is set and am just doing the count-down...:D

Goes Cruising - aren't they the best cats?! I was first owned by one about 15 years ago and can't imagine a house without one! Unfortunately, he developed congestive heart failure (which is evidently a problem with this breed :eek:) and passed about 5 years ago. We're now possessed by a non-purebred Coon (as well as an insane Tabby cat) who seems to be mixed with Siamese, which means she talks a lot, but her voice is still chirpy. Give yours an extra scratch for me!

Thanks for all the quick answers! I called Royal today and according to them Goes Cruising is right - the rep said a pre-paid Visa was fine to secure an account (which is good because she already got one!). If we get there and find out it isn't, then we'll just use one of our credit cards for her. All is set and am just doing the count-down...:D

Goes Cruising - aren't they the best cats?! I was first owned by one about 15 years ago and can't imagine a house without one! Unfortunately, he developed congestive heart failure (which is evidently a problem with this breed :eek:) and passed about 5 years ago. We're now possessed by a non-purebred Coon (as well as an insane Tabby cat) who seems to be mixed with Siamese, which means she talks a lot, but her voice is still chirpy. Give yours an extra scratch for me!

I know policies change, and I know RCL is not always consistent in the answers they give, but I just know we have used the prepaid Visas on both US and Europe based cruises. I traveled with 150 Chorus kids on Carnival a couple of years ago, and we also had conflicting answers on whether they would be accepted, but when we got there, they were.

Cooncat Mom, hugs for your fluffy child from me. I've never had cats that were so nosy and people oriented. It always surprises company when they're met at the door by the cats, demanding petting. Not to mention, cats who could make so many silly little noises :D

Have a great time on your cruise!

Archived