New C&A Buy-Up Option

JKrise

Here is an idea, why don't we just wait until the OFFICIAL word comes from RCI. What is the point of speculating when the only information that is out there is either second hand information or MIS-information. LOL

Why?

Apparently, because this is Cruise Critic, not Logic World.

:D

If people didn't start rumors, or ask questions based on total speculation, we wouldn't have nearly as much fun. Or in my case, learn things. I didn't know airlines would let you by tier-qualification miles. But let's hope RCL doesn't follow suit because with the airlines, you have to earn the level every year in most cases.

Here is an idea, why don't we just wait until the OFFICIAL word comes from RCI. What is the point of speculating when the only information that is out there is either second hand information or MIS-information. LOL

It gives us something to do when the other threads about tipping, proper dress, chair hogs, smoking, and diapered kids in the pool are slow.

As a frequesnt flyer, my experience is airlines (American, United and Continental) allow persons to "fast-track" to an elite status which you must buy into for a certain price with the understanding you will "FLY and EARN" a certain amount of miles within a 3 month period. If you don't earn the given miles, you don't get the status.

Hotels also offer similiar fast track if you have status with their competitor, however they don't charge you a fee. You prove your elite status with the competitor and then you must stay so many times in their hotels within three or four months.

As far as the C&A rumors....gotta love them. When we first heard of the changes supposedly coming in January to earn elite status we must have added on two more cruises in December when we really didn't have the time to cruise. It was a crazy month for me but we made it to Diamond. The last rumor I heard two days ago from a C&A rep is that there aren't going to be any status changes, just added benefits and we'll hear about them mid January.

I have heard that some people over at NCL were able to buy into the Platinum level a few years ago. Details are sketchy though.

For a short time when NCL started selling future "cruise reward" certificates on board, they offered an extra cruise credit as an incentive. Sorta buying an extra cruise credit in some ways, I suppose. I don't think that extra credit offer lasted very long and I think those early certificates had shorter expiration dates than recent certificates. People have told me they moved up in the NCL latitudes program that way.

Archived