CAS Changes

thelion

[quote name='island lady']Thank you Gina!!! :D
That is a great idea and certainly more fair, I would think, at least in a fair world.

I had prepaid my 1/14 cruise way before this "supposed" new date of 1/12 (just 2 days before my embarkation) would change the rules. I was originally elated that my much anticipated 10 night cruise (my first) was not only one that I was looking forward to as a cruise itself, but added excitment that I would be Diamond at completion. Now the "elation" is "deflation" on the Diamond status. :(

I will be back to Platinum again for a veerrrry long time. This "karat" is turning into a "carrot" held over my nose by RCI.[/QUOTE]I forgot about the lead time last time the D perks were changed. It was about 8 to 10 weeks if my memory is correct -- if they give lead time for any possible changes next month, you should make D.

750 days for the top tear?

How long does RCL expect us to live?
Retire at 65 then take 4 cruises a year of 15 days you have to live till almost 80.
Then the young PAX are going to complain about to many strollers and wheelchairs.
Wel as long as I get my free coffee I am good with any change since I am already close to 80.
But keep on guesing whats going to happen.

[quote name='thelion']Well, I have yet another thread on this. It seems that the rules, they are a-changing.

They are adding more tiers, moving to a day-based system rather than a credit based system. No one is losing a level (so, if you are Diamond now, but would not qualify as Diamond under the new system you keep Diamond status but cannot move up to D+ until you qualify under the new system). They are adding amenities, added new rewards for referring a friend.

There is no buy-up option. No one is losing a level although for many it may be more difficult to advance to the next level.

[B]Look for changes January 12, 2011! Look for the press release sooner. [/B]I love knowing folks in Loyalty. The new colors are pretty :)[/quote]

[quote name='Florida Scorpion']The 12th is the announcement date. Nobody knows when (If any) the implementation date will be.[/quote]Who is correct the OP or you? Or is this maybe a giant hoax.:eek: I don't know.:rolleyes:

[quote name='mommabean']The occasional suite guest likes to repeat over and over that the CL is always crowded in hopes that Royal reads this and believes them. :p

The reality is that Royal doesn't need to read these threads to know. They have the actual numbers. And the numbers of D+ guests are more often low than not. I've been on a ship 25% of the past year and this has been my experience.

I don't believe they have a need to remove CL access from D+, they just need to slow down how people get there and making it a days at sea count will do just that.

Gina[/quote]

The last 2 times we were on the Navigator, in a GS, we were unable to spend any time in the CL. Every time we went in, it was "standing room only". We would order drinks and go elsewhere with them.

The most recent time (11/29 sailing), I commented to the Concierge about the overcrowding. He said it was because of the large number of D+ members. He looked around the room and said we were the only people in the room in a suite - the rest were D+.

I say this not in hopes that Royal will read it - I already gave my opinion of it to them. I say it because there [U]is[/U] an overcrowding problem in the CL and something needs to be done about it. In my comments, I suggested either restricting it to suite guests only or having a specified time period that it was limited to them (maybe the first hour).

If they had implemented a "days at sea" formula years ago, the problem may not have become as bad as it is. I'm not sure that it will solve the problem now - it may be too late.

[quote name='rt1092']I just talked with C&A and they told me they didn't know anything about the change.
I know a lot of times one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.
But maybe this thread might be wrong?[/QUOTE]

Of course it might be wrong. :rolleyes: But that's never stopped us from discussing/speculating/debating anything! :D:D:D

[quote name='cruisenfever']If you pay for a JS or above then you deserve the double credits. If you get upgraded to a JS cabin or above but have not paid for it, you should not get double credits.[/quote]

I just got off a cruise where I upgraded to a JS because the price was lower than my balcony booking (also got OBC for difference because it was a pre-5.17 booking). My CCs haven't posted yet (got off today), but I would think I would get the 2 CCs (or 14 nights). Right?

[quote name='rt1092']I just talked with C&A and they told me they didn't know anything about the change.
I know a lot of times one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.
But maybe this thread might be wrong?[/quote]

I spoke with both a CVP and a C&A representative about it, and both confirmed it.

We have 9 completed cruises and am going on a 3 day quickie cruise on the 7th to get grandfathered into Diamond. All we really want is balcony discount.

Schwimm

[quote name='FLCruiseGirl']The last 2 times we were on the Navigator, in a GS, we were unable to spend any time in the CL. Every time we went in, it was "standing room only". We would order drinks and go elsewhere with them.

The most recent time (11/29 sailing), I commented to the Concierge about the overcrowding. He said it was because of the large number of D+ members. He looked around the room and said we were the only people in the room in a suite - the rest were D+.

I say this not in hopes that Royal will read it - I already gave my opinion of it to them. I say it because there [U]is[/U] an overcrowding problem in the CL and something needs to be done about it. In my comments, I suggested either restricting it to suite guests only or having a specified time period that it was limited to them (maybe the first hour).

If they had implemented a "days at sea" formula years ago, the problem may not have become as bad as it is. I'm not sure that it will solve the problem now - it may be too late.[/quote]How many D+ onboard? I find it hard to believe that there we no suite guest. The Concierge should have moved the cocktail hour to a larger venue. BTW on the 12/13 trip there were 82 D+ onboard and this was considered a large number!!

[quote name='schwimmair']I spoke with both a CVP and a C&A representative about it, and both confirmed it.

We have 9 completed cruises and am going on a 3 day quickie cruise on the 7th to get grandfathered into Diamond. All we really want is balcony discount.

Schwimm[/quote]
Well, as a marketing ploy, it seems that they set the hook. They got you to book and spend.

[quote name='FLCruiseGirl']The last 2 times we were on the Navigator, in a GS, we were unable to spend any time in the CL. Every time we went in, it was "standing room only". We would order drinks and go elsewhere with them.

If they had implemented a "days at sea" formula years ago, the problem may not have become as bad as it is. I'm not sure that it will solve the problem now - it may be too late.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Black"]
No, there was an overcrowding problem (according to you) on the two cruises you were on. That doesn't mean there's an overcrowding problem in every Concierge Lounge on all of Royal's ships. I've been in many Concierge Lounges since the September 2009 changes and there has never been an issue finding a place to sit. I'm also not sure where you took your drinks because you're not suppose to leave the Concierge Lounge with them.[/COLOR]

[quote name='picture']any idea how they will incorporated the guest from Celebrity as they
currently allow member's to join @ the same status .[/quote]
As an Elite from Celebrity, I am very interested in how this will affect what level I could come to Royal. Presently even though I have more than 50 cruise credits, I can only come over as a Diamond.:eek:

[quote name='negc']I know, I should be ashamed of myself. ;) Guess it was a leftover of yesterday's Christmas Spirit. As Francis of Assisi wisely said "Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Unfortunately I think too many have forgotten the last part of that prayer. It must be nice to have so perfect a life that one can expend so much energy worrying about the fairness of the C&A cruise credit formula.:)[/quote]Ttotally agree what you're saying but St. Francis did not say those words but again I do totally agree with what you're saying.
Good luck with the storm that's coming through.

[quote name='Debde']Only been on a few cruises with CL access and never found a seat. Being assured of finding aseat in the CL seems a little-well, misleading comment.:confused:. No-I'm wrong-in the AM and afternoon-absolutly!!!;)
Leaned on the concierge's desk last trip. They had to open up the yacht club area for overflow-[I think that's what they call it]. Overflow means crowded. Never set foot in a D lounge but everyone says they are crowded. Besides-most will probably say its not crowded in hopes Royal reads this and actually believes them!!:p

Personally-I'd love for them to do away with most 'lounge' offered places to drink and possibly-drink coupons or able to purchase liquor and deliver to your stateroom option.[/QUOTE]

We were on the Explorer for 9 nights and the Diamond Event was not crowded the entire 9 nights! There was hardly anyone in there! And when we were on a 12 nighter on the Explorer (when we were still allowed to use the CL), we used the overflow lounge which I believe was called Cloud 9 and that was never crowded either........well, only the first night it was crowded but after that, crowding was never a problem. I suppose each ship and each sailing is different depending on how many D and D+ are on board.

If they had implemented a "days at sea" formula years ago, the problem may not have become as bad as it is. I'm not sure that it will solve the problem now - it may be too late.[/quote]

you better duck girl!!! Incoming!! :D
That is NOT the opinion you are allowed to have on this bb!!!;)
If you couldn't find a seat-it was your mind playing tricks on you!!!:p

[quote name='FLACRUISER99']How many D+ onboard? I find it hard to believe that there we no suite guest. The Concierge should have moved the cocktail hour to a larger venue. BTW on the 12/13 trip there were 82 D+ onboard and this was considered a large number!![/QUOTE]

On Radiance it's the hotel director that is responsible for opening the larger venue. It is implemented when the D+ count goes over 50 on that ship. There were less than that on my last cruise on the 16th and I was told the D+ count would only be in the teens for the following cruise. Right now there are only 14 D+ on Serenade.

On my B2B on SR in August the numbers were extremely low both weeks - suite and D+ - with seats available at all times. It was so quiet most of the time that we went up to the D event the second week - more people, more entertainment. :)

Gina

[quote name='booze brothers']Giving out coupons will never work. People would be passing them around, some will find a way to beat the system if possible.

Being D+, I have to admit, I'm spoiled. I love the concierge but would be happy having D and D+ in the same lounge together as long as they didn't JUST serve Laturd. LOL

I try to book my cabin close to the concierge. Love the short walk to get our coffee in the morning and drinks in the evening.

Will be anxious to see how you compare X to RCL Patty.[/QUOTE]

Mimi, Can't you write to someone important and tell them to let us Diamonds hang out with you D+'ers again! LOL And yeah........none of that crap wine and champ - I think that's why hardly anyone even showed up at the Diamond Event on the Explorer.......it's nothing special, that's for sure! You know I never hung out in the CL......even before we were D - when we booked a suite and were able to go in the CL, we rarely did because it's to small and closed in. I thought the Brilliance CL was very small, but at least there were windows but hardly any chairs so we only went in a few times on a 11 night cruise because it was uncomfortable. Give me an overflow with lots of windows and I'm happy. As long as it's not the dungeon I'm happy! LOL ahhh, I mean the Chamber!

Still wish you were coming with us on X - I hope we like it! At least we'll be with lots of friends so I'm sure we'll have a good time regardless.

Patty

[quote name='cruising teacher']As an Elite from Celebrity, I am very interested in how this will affect what level I could come to Royal. Presently even though I have more than 50 cruise credits, I can only come over as a Diamond.:eek:[/QUOTE]

May be eventually Celebrity will add another tier.

Although they do not combine nights at lower levels, if they create a Pinnacle level, it would be neat if they counted nights on all their lines toward pinnace. i think that might help inspire and reward loyalty even as people and lines evolve. Not that I ever expect to make it to pinnacle.

[quote name='mpdp']I feel it would be extremly unfair if they change the program without enough notice to let the people cancel any future cruises that they have. Because if they decide they are changes we should have the same chance too.[/QUOTE]

If someone planned a cruise for a vacation, would they really cancel just because RCCL is changing the rules? Sure, the person was probably excited about this cruise getting them to a new level but to actully cancel it......not sure they would. They'd be upset just like us Diamonds were upset when we finally reached Diamond and the lounge was taken away from us.

I do believe that RCCL is going to have a problem transferring all the cruise credits to days at sea. They seem to have a problem even getting some of the cruise credits correct. I still say they need to take D and D+ status away from family members who only cruised once or twice.......that's definitely not fair!!!!

If they are changing things up then they should count days for everyone. Right now I'm sure there's some D+'ers that got there with 12 or 13 short cruises in suites which will give them less days at sea than what I presently have so it's not really a fair system. But what will be will be........I'm not going to worry about it.

[quote name='Florida Scorpion']The 12th is the announcement date. Nobody knows when (If any) the implementation date will be.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was thinking........the 12th is probably the announcement date for them tell us what they will be implementing........

Even though nothing has been announced yet, this is interesting reading. Some posters are acting like these changes have already been set in stone but they might not even be accurate. I'll wait and see what comes out on January 12th.......LOL

Archived