CAS Changes

thelion

:)This thread cracks me up.:D

Bitching

Complaining

Worrying

Wondering

Calculating

If there are changes coming; just wait and see. After the changes are implemented; then Bitch; Complain; Worry; Wonder; and Calculate if you like.

Life's too short; just Cruise ! ! !

Well, there is no C&A gift anymore for anyone, so you didn't miss anything there.

When you didn't get any invitations, did you go see the Loyalty Ambassador? They have been known to make mistakes and leave people off lists.

Did you get the Diamond coupon book?

Was this the special short October cruise on Liberty? If so, they may not have had some of the special C&A events.

Yes got the coupon book

Was the 7 night eastern cruise. We were chased by Tomas ( hurricane) and missed Labadee, went to Nassau instead

So if we are a few credits from Diamond Plus and there is an implementation date of say Jun 1, 2011 (as an example) then we might have until then to get to 24 credtis and get grandfathered? Is this possible? I know we'll have to wait and see what the changes are. I'm just asking if changes happen will we have to the implementation date to get our 24 credits to get grandfathered.

Any help is appreciated.

So if we are a few credits from Diamond Plus and there is an implementation date of say Jun 1, 2011 (as an example) then we might have until then to get to 24 credtis and get grandfathered? Is this possible? I know we'll have to wait and see what the changes are. I'm just asking if changes happen will we have to the implementation date to get our 24 credits to get grandfathered.

Any help is appreciated.

That is only the way it will happen if that is the way they decide to do it. No one knows what they will do or when they will do it.

For the most part it will only help those who have already booked cruises since most people can't just book a cruise at the drop of a hat - unless they are retired with expendable income.

Gina

Don't quote me on this, because I am not positive, but I BELIEVE the tiers are

Gold = up to 29 nights

Platinum = 30 - 49 nights

Emerald = 50 -74 nights

Diamond = 75 - 174 nights

Diamond + = 175 nights (roughly 25 7nt sailings)

Pinnacle = 750 nights +

I know it is a HUGE leap between Diamond and Diamond + and Diamond + and Pinnacle. I know they are also making some changes on balcony discounts, which levels get them and how much they are (again....)

I haven't heard anything about CL access.

Please just tell me they are grandfathering

That's great!! I remember a significant lead time for the last big change and RCI modified the changes with the Diamond Event etc. during that period. Lots of folks contacted RCI after the initial email.

Actually, the first letter about changes went out on March 26 with an implementation date of July 1. After the protests, a follow-up letter was sent by RCI President Adam Goldstein on April 3 and implementation was delayed until Sept. 1.

That would sure make much more sense. Hope they do indeed plan on a sensible time frame that would work for all. :)

:)This thread cracks me up.:D

Bitching

Complaining

Worrying

Wondering

Calculating

If there are changes coming; just wait and see. After the changes are implemented; then Bitch; Complain; Worry; Wonder; and Calculate if you like.

Life's too short; just Cruise ! ! !

This coming from someone that will be Pinnacle;)

This coming from someone that will be Pinnacle;)

Cute post from your bud, LT! ;)

Kathy, do you have any idea why "our ship" is booked solid for the 1/3 cruise?

I was trying to do a B2B to tie in with my 1/7 cruise, but could not book online and the RCI rep confirmed the ship was booked up. I was kinda looking forward to my first B2B, but so much for that.

Can't cruise B2B after my 1/7 cruise, as I board the Jewel on 1/14.

On the 1/7 date, the ship is practically empty...and that being a weekender cruise at that?

:eek:

Hmmmmm.......just looked and you're right..nothing available..seems weird....................either sold out or chartered,maybe??

Yeah the C&A reservations agent could not tell me either. I just thought it weird also, as it is a middle of the week cruise and is after all the kids go back to school and the holidays were over. Then...poof...empty ship for my sailing on 1/7 weekend cruise. Guess I get the ship all to myself! :D

My 1/14 Jewel cruise has been booked solid for weeks now also.

Another mystery. :eek:

Yeah the C&A reservations agent could not tell me either. I just thought it weird also, as it is a middle of the week cruise and is after all the kids go back to school and the holidays were over. Then...poof...empty ship for my sailing on 1/7 weekend cruise. Guess I get the ship all to myself! :D

Oh no.you wont be alone.........I know someone else booked on it.............Mr Pinnacle Man;););)

What is Pinnacle?:confused:
The "alleged" new name for those with over 100 cruises and/or 750 nights........whichever they decided to do.......

You sure he does not captain the ship by now?? ;) :D
nah-he leaves the driving to them:)

Don't quote me on this, because I am not positive, but I BELIEVE the tiers are

Gold = up to 29 nights

Platinum = 30 - 49 nights

Emerald = 50 -74 nights

Diamond = 75 - 174 nights

Diamond + = 175 nights (roughly 25 7nt sailings)

Pinnacle = 750 nights +

I know it is a HUGE leap between Diamond and Diamond + and Diamond + and Pinnacle. I know they are also making some changes on balcony discounts, which levels get them and how much they are (again....)

I haven't heard anything about CL access.

"Oh, and those with 100 or more cruise credits get a special invitation to a new tier :) Even if you may not qualify for it. "

Hi thelion - I must be missing something. You wrote the last sentence earlier in this thread - how does it apply to the above post by you later in this thread?

Thanks

just a question...

was there ever a time when they combined credits from Celebrity cruises with Royal or have they always been separate and just your status carried over?

The credits have always been separate, but until a few years ago your status didn't carry over.

Yes got the coupon book

Was the 7 night eastern cruise. We were chased by Tomas ( hurricane) and missed Labadee, went to Nassau instead

Barb, I missed your original post -- what ship were you on? We were on Oasis, also chased by Tomas, also missed Labadee and also went to Nassau instead. With a big ship like Oasis, we really didn't care where we went.:rolleyes::)

So, after 20 pages of posts, what do we know?

1-- There will be an announcement on Jan. 12 regarding changes to the Crown & Anchor program.

2-- Not everyone will be happy with the changes.

:p:D

Gemcam1-- rumor is they are grandfathering. But grandfathering at a "level" is no good if the perks for that level are changed.

Thanks boewok - I hope so and I know what you mean. As long as I keep CL access, which I have not used yet since becoming D+ in Oct. I also had CL access as a Dimaond for 1 cruise before the pervious changes.

Archived