I have a terrible confession to make

Merion_Mom

How are you feeling now about the new website?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. How are you feeling now about the new website?

• Yes, I confess, too. I am completely acclimated. It's good/great/fine.
    • Well, I don't HATE it anymore, but.....
    • I still hate it.
    • What website?

I would go on it everyday to see if any better staterooms have opened up and look around. It took some getting used to, but I finally figured out how to search all the staterooms in a category. I don't like it trying to get you to upgrade every time you search for a cruise, but besides that it's warming up to me.

I hated it the first time I used it, but as I found more of the functions it offers, I grew to really like it. I *love* that in the advanced search feature you can seach for multiple months/ships/destinations. It always drove me crazy that the old site didn't allow you to do that.

At first I didn't like it, but now I'm getting a little used to it. (I voted for "Well, I don't HATE it anymore, but...")

Although with the cruise search results, I think they should replace the destination pictures with a picture of the ship or a map of the itinerary. Although if they did use pictures of the ship on the search, I would hope they don't use a picture of another ship in the same class like they did on their old website. (They used a picture of either Voyager, Explorer, or Adventure as Mariner's picture on the old website.)

Also on the cruise search, They should move the name of the ship from the bottom to the top of the picture, so it's right below the name of the cruise. And they need to make everything a little smaller. Now make the rest of the website follow the same theme, and I think it would be a great website!

I said "I don't hate it anymore, but..." It's definitely more attractive, but I don't like the "invitation" to upgrade, nor do I like the automatic "here's your cabin". I also don't like getting bounced back to the home page when I least expect it.

I said "I don't hate it anymore, but..." It's definitely more attractive, but I don't like the "invitation" to upgrade, nor do I like the automatic "here's your cabin". I also don't like getting bounced back to the home page when I least expect it.

Since I don't know why I was getting bounced before, I also don't know why it isn't happening to me anymore.

I like some things about it, like being able to select multiple ports, dates, etc.

However, it's really slow, and the drop down lists do not recognize shortcut keys. For example, for your state of residency, I used to just be able to tab to that and hit the F key for Flordia. Now, I actually have to open up the list and scroll through it. The controls, while nice looking, are not implemented well and do not use the standard shortcuts.

At first I didn't like it, but now I'm getting a little used to it. (I voted for "Well, I don't HATE it anymore, but...")

Although with the cruise search results, I think they should replace the destination pictures with a picture of the ship or a map of the itinerary. Although if they did use pictures of the ship on the search, I would hope they don't use a picture of another ship in the same class like they did on their old website. (They used a picture of either Voyager, Explorer, or Adventure as Mariner's picture on the old website.)

Also on the cruise search, They should move the name of the ship from the bottom to the top of the picture, so it's right below the name of the cruise. And they need to make everything a little smaller. Now make the rest of the website follow the same theme, and I think it would be a great website!

Merry Christmas Dylan,

You need to send them a resume and become a Contract employee. You make sense especially in todays internet age.....everything is a lot easier to do.

Mike

I haven't really explored the new site that much lately, but did a short time ago. What I did see, there are some areas I am not sure of so will look it over more closely. One thing that threw me yesterday in checking my Online information for our upcoming 2011 cruise, I thought we couldn't print out our Set Sail Pass until final payment, and according to our records, we still have a payment to make yet it allowed me to print. Will check with our TA on Monday.

Yes I do. It's Denice. Rick already voted so I can't vote, but I will say that I hate it.

Darn that Rick! Smack him for me!

You guys are going to be on the big Mariner reunion, aren't you?

I SO wish that I could be there!

To stay on topic: I'd even book it on the new website! ;)

Darn that Rick! Smack him for me!

You guys are going to be on the big Mariner reunion, aren't you?

I SO wish that I could be there!

To stay on topic: I'd even book it on the new website! ;)

We wish that you could be there too. :(

I still don't like it.

Same complaints as before:

-too many clicks

-the font is too large (requires a lot of scrolling)

-I like being able to see the price for different categories without having to click on each cruise (esp helpful when trying to look at many different sailings)

-I'd still rather see a map of the itinerary than a big picture of people in a kayak with a ship in the background.

-the pictures of the cabins are misleading

-the program I use for checking price drops isn't working

I need a re-vote. I still hate it although I weakened my original stance awhile ago. I wanted to put a down payment on a held cruise last night and use a C&A savings certificate at the same time. Their site wouldn't recognize the codes required to get the $225 off our sailing despite my copying and pasting the codes directly from the RCI site. That was bad enough but everytime it would send me back to put the codes back in again, it wiped out all my data, name, address, credit card number, DOB, DH's data. . . I give up. You can only make me put in the same data 5-6 times before I get it. So now, I have to call RCI today because their site doesn't work. Still stinks for me. :p

I just checked the site, again! .... Hoping to get used to the new format, but the more I check, the more I hate it. For example, we are elegible for the senior rate, military rate, and Florida residency rate. In the old site, after filling in the date, departure port, date, and whatever, I would then check all three areas of possible discounts and then hit submit; I was able to see the results in one page. Now every time you click on someting it goes to updating results with each and every click and it takes forever to upload. :mad: It drives me crazy!!! I will not be booking anything anytime soon! I want the old site back! Unless they get it fixed, from now on when I am ready to book, I'll have to call the C&A desk.

I would like to know how all of you that are happy with the new site go about searching. Any hints?

Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year!

I've been bounced to the home page for now reason. I don't like the upgrade offer. I don't want it choosing the "best" cabin for me since my opinion may differ and that just leads to more unnecessary steps. I really don't like the wrong stateroom pictures of the old stateroom pics still showing. I don't like when I'm logged into C&A the home screen shows my next cruise instead of the search feature.

Other than that, I don't hate it so bad. :rolleyes:

It's prettier! and the larger print is easier for older eyes - their new target group I guess.

Gina

I just checked the site, again! .... Hoping to get used to the new format, but the more I check, the more I hate it. For example, we are elegible for the senior rate, military rate, and Florida residency rate. In the old site, after filling in the date, departure port, date, and whatever, I would then check all three areas of possible discounts and then hit submit; I was able to see the results in one page. Now every time you click on someting it goes to updating results with each and every click and it takes forever to upload. :mad: It drives me crazy!!! I will not be booking anything anytime soon! I want the old site back! Unless they get it fixed, from now on when I am ready to book, I'll have to call the C&A desk.

I would like to know how all of you that are happy with the new site go about searching. Any hints?

Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year!

Yes, that's another thing I don't like. I don't find it especially slow but it is especially annoying.

Gina

Archived