Newbie Question

jnolan3199

Hi all,

My family of four, myself, DH, and twin DDs (2yoa) will be traveling on the Elation in January. I intially picked an interior on Empress Mid. I then began reading stories about not being directly under the galley or next to the "white space" which is exactly where we were. So, when I got an upgrade email (be careful with these, they do expire, but I got my carnival rep to make an exception) - from an interior 4E to oceanview 6D for $50 per cabin - I jumped on it. I read somewhere that upper was a good deck because you had cabins above and below and that level is where the suites are. So, I switched from an Empress Interior 4E to an Upper Ocean view 6D (still Midship).

My question/problem: The carnival representative on the phone switched us to a room with only one upper. We previously had two. Now, I don't mind having one upper, because we definitely don't plan on putting the kids on upper bunks and were probably just going to use the uppers to store things, but is this something I need to ask about prior to boarding the ship?

My concern is that when I try to recreate the reservation (to check for early saver discounts), I can't even book a room with one upper.

So, what do you think about the upgrade? Good choice? And are we going to run into problems putting four people (even though two are tiny :-)) into a room with only one upper?

Thanks in advance

I personally love Empress, so its too bad you moved to me .. but if you were under the kitchen (the rest of the dining room is fine), Iv heard it can be noisy.

I dont usually pay extra on Ecstasy to upgrade because the insides and OVs are the exact same size, the insides just have a fake window, that looks like the OVs with the curtain closed.

Your 4th bed would be a rollaway or a trundle bed. I dont remember seeing only one upper, but I do know they use trundles and rollaways for the 4th bed.

If the 2 years olds are small, you could request a crib instead of the rollaway. I dont think there is room for a rollaway and a crib.

PS where did you plan on the twins sleeping .. ?

I personally love Empress, so its too bad you moved to me .. but if you were under the kitchen (the rest of the dining room is fine), Iv heard it can be noisy.

I dont usually pay extra on Ecstasy to upgrade because the insides and OVs are the exact same size, the insides just have a fake window, that looks like the OVs with the curtain closed.

Your 4th bed would be a rollaway or a trundle bed. I dont remember seeing only one upper, but I do know they use trundles and rollaways for the 4th bed.

If the 2 years olds are small, you could request a crib instead of the rollaway. I dont think there is room for a rollaway and a crib.

PS where did you plan on the twins sleeping .. ?

We can actually all snuggle quite comfortably on a queen size bed, so I figured that's what we would do. Last resort being we kicked DH out to one of the uppers. But a rollaway would be perfect...I was worried about the babies being "up" anywhere. Thanks!

We were directly under the galley and next to this huge white space which I learned was what the crew used as a hallway. I actually googled the room number on the Elation and someone said that the noise was bad in that room. The only oceanview left on Empress was wayyyyy forward, so I hope Upper mid is a good compromise.

I just like Empress, even forward, because the atrium is on that deck, so its one deck I dont have to take the elevator or stairs to get to.

Im sure you'all being so young, you will be just fine. Ecstasy isnt that large of a ship, only 69K tons, so its hard to be too far from anything.

I usually pick near the forward or aft elevtor when I have a choice, rather than mid deck, because the mid elevator doesnt go up to the Lido deck, so its useless most of the time to get to the pool or the buffet area or run up to get the free soft serve ice cream.

(note this is on Ecstasy .. on other ships like Conquest the mid elevators go up to Lido)

Archived