Jamaica Mystic Mt???

LounVal

We are going out on FOS Feb 6 sailing, supposedly stopping in Falmouth. We are leaning more and more toward spending the day at Mystic Mt. There does not seem to be a ship sponsored excursion. There is a Dunns River Falls and Sky Ride Combo or Dunns River Falls and Bob Sled Combo. We were looking for just a day trip to Mystic and do the sky ride , bob sled and zip-line. Does anyone know if this is available through the ship and I am missing it or if I can get it through a land based company.

Thanks.

We are going out on FOS Feb 6 sailing, supposedly stopping in Falmouth. We are leaning more and more toward spending the day at Mystic Mt. There does not seem to be a ship sponsored excursion. There is a Dunns River Falls and Sky Ride Combo or Dunns River Falls and Bob Sled Combo. We were looking for just a day trip to Mystic and do the sky ride , bob sled and zip-line. Does anyone know if this is available through the ship and I am missing it or if I can get it through a land based company.

Thanks.

We went to Mystic Mountain two or three years ago when it had just barely opened. I know it was not a ship based tour then. We were docked near there (at this point I can't recall whether that would be Montego Bay or Ocho Rios) and we just caught a cab off the ship. The driver dropped us off and then picked us up at an agreed upon time. We paid for the sky ride and rode to the top, amazing views during and after the ascent! Then we swam in the pool, went down the water slide, etc. My DH had realized he had not grabbed the amount of cash he thought he had, and we only had enough money for the return cab ride plus a few dollars more, so not enough for the bobsled. While wandering around we were chatting with the bobsled check in girl and she asked wheter we were going to try it. We told her we had planned to but explained that we couldn't this trip, and why. So she asked again whether we were going to try it, and she gave us a free ride. :) It was a blast and we really enjoyed the day, and we used the spare few dollars we had in their restaurant on a couple of Red Stripes. :D

We used a private tour operator to do a tour of Dunn's River Falls and River Tubing. At the end the driver asked us if there was anywhere else we would like to go. The rest of the tour group wanted to go shopping near the ship, so he dropped them off there and then took my husband and myself to Mystic Mountain at my request. He agreed to wait for us until we were done. He asked for no additional compensation, which shocked me. (Yes, we tipped him well.) We purchased the combo pack (bobsled and zipline) at Mystic and had a great time! I know I can mention the company name in the ports of call section but I don't know about here.

joyride21,

Could you please tell me the name of the tour operator you used for Mystic Mt. Would it be too costly to get there if the ship changed from the Falmouth port to Ocho Rios or Montego Bay? This sounds just like something my kids would love. I'd like to know who you used and if they provided transportation and what the cost was. Thanks.

:) We were on FOS in September and MM was our favorite excursion. We went on the ship tour and spent the day. The pool (my favorite part) and waterslide were great - don't forget suits and towels. We did the bobsleds and you control the speed. Sleds can be linked in a chain for family groups - if you wish - and the lead sled sets the pace. We had lunch there and shopped for souveniers. No pressure to buy. Very friendly. One of my flip flops blew off the pool deck and a staff member climbed down to get it without being asked or asking for a tip. As we got off the skylift to head back to the bus, the lift operator did request a tip to be shared among the staff, but only if we were happy with our visit. Hope you get to go.

Do you remember what the cost was? I got an email from a tour company that was confusing but it looks like each activity is priced separately. The highest figure listed was about $160/person, which is more than I want to spend. Did you do the zipline? Which of the activities would you recommend if we can only afford to do one or two?

Do you remember what the cost was? I got an email from a tour company that was confusing but it looks like each activity is priced separately. The highest figure listed was about $160/person, which is more than I want to spend. That included transportation to and from the port in Falmouth. Did you do the zipline? Which of the activities would you recommend if we can only afford to do one or two?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

We are also on the FOS 2/6/2011 and have just found out that the port stop for Jamaica has been changed to Ocho Rios.

Thanks.

Ochoriostour.com offer that particular 3 package tour. The way the prices are listed is slightly confusing..you have to click on book now to view the actual price. For the sky ride, bobsled, and zipline it's listed at $127.

My group and I will probably be booking with this tour for our cruise in March. I've heard good things about the company throughout the boards.

DRF and MM have web sites with prices

Both are walking distance from the Ocho docks but do not even THINK of walking unless you are a seasoned island vet.

Walk out to the taxi area and understand that when you hire a taxi you are really hiring it for the day . . . .

You can pay at the gate with CC for both of these attractions and your taxi will wait for you.

This place was on my work route ... been there many times ... talk like you know what the real deal is and you won't get scammed!

Archived