First Time Oceania

Corvette

The three existing ships do not have a dedicated movie theater. As mentioned, there is an extensive assortment of DVD's available from the Purser's Desk for free use in your cabin on the provided DVD player.

I'm not sure if there's a movie theater on the Marina. I seem to remember talk of a large outdoor screen on Marina for movies under the stars, ala Princess but I could be mistaken.

What Regent has done is use a troup of singers and dancers for production shows, like swing, Latin, Broadway and most recently a cirque show, but fill in off nights with a large screen movie in the main theater, which includes a popcorn machine where you can serve yourself in small bags. On our recent 7 day cruise, they had 4 nights of production shows and 3 nights of movies, during one of which the projector broke. They were attended by not more than 20 or 30 people. We tended to get a couple of bags of popcorn and take them to one of the lounges where they had cabaret style entertainment, which we much prefer.

Oceania has, in the past, had a much more well-rounded entertainment program (from reports here, we seem to be among the few fans, but the theater lounge was always full). Therefore, they have never offered movies as what I consider to be a poor substitute for live entertainment of any sort.

If Oceania has ever made popcorn available anywhere on the ship, I've never seen it, and I miss it.

Archived