Never been to Cozumel, what do you recommend?

pocketsofposies

Hi all!

I am cruising with my extended family on the Epic 2/19. We will have a stop in Cozumel and I am seeing so many choices, it is making my head spin! lol.

My travelling party is diverse in age. We will have 2 70 somethings, 4 40 somethings, and 5 kids ages 4, 8, 10, 11, 11...

We are thinking the beach but we have no idea where to go. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance!:D

Hi all!

I am cruising with my extended family on the Epic 2/19. We will have a stop in Cozumel and I am seeing so many choices, it is making my head spin! lol.

My travelling party is diverse in age. We will have 2 70 somethings, 4 40 somethings, and 5 kids ages 4, 8, 10, 11, 11...

We are thinking the beach but we have no idea where to go. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Paradise Beach. Great place when you have kids.

I loved Paradise Beach too, with the inflatable water toys: iceberg, slides, trampolines. Chankanaab Park is also nice. There is an admission there (around $20pp). Nice snorkeling right at the entrance to the water, sea lion shows, nice beach. Plus they have great manatee/dolphin swim programs, which may be expensive, but still a better value than many other places that do less with the animals, and admission would be included in the price for anyone doing one of those. I have pics of both places in my 2 cruise reviews; the links are in my signature.

I would also suggest Paradise Beach. Small charge for lounge chairs. No fee if you buy food/drinks. Wristband for $10 (????) to use water toys. Floating ice-berg to climb with mini-rock wall. water trampoline, bungee trampolines, climb palm trees. Brand new pool (this week) that looks lovely.

Good for multiage groups. When you have a group of 11, things get pricey very fast.

Hi all!

We will be on the same cruise with our children ages 5,5, 8 and 10. We have things booked for the other days, but are unsure what to do in Cozumel. I would just like to do a relaxing beach day and this looks good.

I cannot believe it is coming so fast!! On the last cruise we went on we had extended family traveling with us. It was a lot of fun! This time it is only dh, the kids and my mother. We are looking forward to it though!

We rented a Jeep and cruised around the entire island. It is incedibly beautiful on the other side. It was inexpensive in my opinion, approx. $80

We did this a few years back. Really enjoyed it. Saw some ruins. Ate at a local restaurant. Be sure to watch for street signs. Some are in very strange places. Allow enough time to fill up.

We love Paradise Beach we have been there with large groups with age ranges from 2-70 yrs old. Everyone had a great time.

It is a short ride from the pier about $4 a person. There are always plenty of cabs available to get back to the port. We often go straight to the beach spend several hours then go downtown and do some shopping before returning to the ship.

Often the cab drivers will try and talk you into going to another beach (they get a kick back) so on occassion we have had to be insistent on going to Paradise Beach. A couple of cruises back part of our group went to the suggested beach by the cab driver it was supposed to include drinks and lunch for like $20 a person they went their kids didn't like the beach and ended up meeting us at Paradise Beach.

If you go to PB I recommend you get a massage on the beach ( $1 a minute) while the kids are enjoying the water toys! :) Enjoy and have fun.

Another vote for Paradise Beach. ALWAYS a good time there. And here's a little massage tip - get it FIRST as soon as you arrive - before you're all hot, sweaty, sandy and covered in sun screen!

You can also rent jet skis and go parasailing there!

Very fairly priced food & drinks. The food is plentiful, too, so we usually can share an order of whatever.

And go first - as soon as you get to Cozumel. It will get crowded as the day wears on.

Archived