Carnival Splendor Forward Cabins

PokerStarNH

We were on the Splendor March 2010, and had a forward cabin (R1251). We didn't notice any extra motion in the front of the ship, however, we were on the bottom (riviera) deck. I can tell you the Splendor is our favorite Carnival ship. We loved the retractable roof on the Lido deck, which was closed when cold or at night. We had a service dog with us, and he was spoiled rotton on the ship. Everyone on the ship was great (except the Doctor, who never showed up when my wife had an accident).

I had 7203 on Splendor to Canada, and the motion I felt when the seas were a bit rough was like hitting a pothole. But I was pretty high up. What cabin do you have? I have pictures of several forward facing HC cabins. EM

• 7 months later...

That helps alot... I use a manual chair and can get out of it and walk and usually leave the wheelchair against the cabin door. Which deck do you think is better... 6 or 7 as judging from the photos they are very different? How was the "view" from the window... what does it overlook? Did you like the ship and your cruise? Thanks again!!:)

The view from the window overlooks these decks - Deck 7 is below the bridge, and 6 is below that.

933436068307_0_ALB.jpg

454016068307_0_ALB.jpg

There are two heavy doors to get out to the deck, and when the ship is under way, it is quite windy, so there is not much traffic there - indeed, few people really know these decks are there.

I think I would go with deck 6. There are some nice HC cabins on deck 9, too, but closet space is ludicrous...

Cabin 9202

302256068307_0_ALB.jpg

591256068307_0_ALB.jpg

802256068307_0_ALB.jpgEM

I liked her very much. I got a great deal when the swine flu scare hit and people started canceling because they didn't want to sail north..Fares plummeted, so I booked a B2B and did two weeks, same cruise twice. I was in 7203, not a HC cabin, but interesting. You need to like pink, though...EM

Archived