What's the best thing about Cruise Critic's Roll Call?

editor@cruisecritic

Check out the votes for our weekend poll on Cruise Critic's Roll Call program. Surprised that 30 percent don't know what it is; how can we get the word out?

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

How about puting a link to our roll calls in our sig ?

Actually that reminds me I haven't changed mine :o

Joining the Roll Call for your sailing is a great way to get to know your fellow cruisers. Some CCrs like to post a lot, some like to just post a couple of times. Like every cruise, every roll call is different.

Roll calls give you the chance to plan activities if you wish, with your fellow passengers. Perhaps even find someone to share an excursion with.

You can chat about your "real life" or not..entirely up to you.

I would say though never post your surname or details like booking numbers or phone numbers.

Its funny but I first met one of my best cruise friends...on a roll call. Now after cruising together twice we keep in touch nearly every day...even though she is on one side of the pond and I am on the other. We sensed a connection in each others posts and our friendship developed from meeting on the roll call. :D

Check out the votes for our weekend poll on Cruise Critic's Roll Call program. Surprised that 30 percent don't know what it is; how can we get the word out?

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

showphoto.php?photo=18390

I would say that judging by how few posts there are in any of the threads in this sub-section, the main problem is publicising CC in the UK.

I just enjoyed a fantastic CC cruise aboard Carnival Dream. We shared our lives before and during the cruise and were like a huge family, but whenever I mention CC to UK cruisers, they have never heard of the site.

I have taken an active part in several pre cruise roll call threads. I agree they are a great way to meet your fellow cruisers often port excursion groups can be put together on these threads. It is so interesting to go to the meet and mingle meetings and being able to put a face to a screen name.

I was recently fortunate to have been on a cruise on Crystal . A well known Cruise Critic poster on that thread pointed out an interesting itinery some two and a half years ago, he made a booking and a snowball effect started when each friend of a friend booked. We ended up with some 140 CC members attending the meet and mingle meeting. We had a fantastic cruise with all the CC members making firm friendships and having several get togethers and events.

Recently due to the great people on our Allure 12/1 & 12/5 roll calls here on Cruise Critic ...we (the International Critters) handed over a huge load of school supplies at the new Royal Caribbean school on Labadee.

The success of this special project was due to the wonderful Critters who posted on both roll calls.

You can read about it here -

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1322888

Archived