Rental Car price questions

PittsburghGirlee

I am looking for a rental car from MCO to Port Canaveral. The best price I can find for 4 people with all of our luggage is an intermediate SUV for a one way price of $87.21 (Avis) using the code. This does not seem like a bargin to me. :confused: Am I doing something wrong? Is it the size of the vehicle? Returning is just a bit cheaper at $77.75.

We are staying at the International Palms, so we would be taking the car there and then dropping it off ithe next morning at the rental place and catching the shuttle (we need a shuttle)to the port.

I could have swore we paid less than $60 a few yers back for a car that had a HUGE trunk.

Any advice would be appreciated..

Car rental prices, like hotel and cruise prices, tend to fluctuate with the tourist demand. ;) You might check www.carrentals.com or your favorite travel web-site to compare prices from several companies. Lock in something you can live with and then keep checking as prices may drop closer to your departure date as car companies see lots of cars and only a few reservations. :cool: Good luck! :)

When I use other websites,as advised above, it will not let me select Port Canaveral as a different drop off location????? What am I to use? It looks like there are only airport codes to choose from. I do not want to return it to MCO:confused:

The prices are way lower just using these sites, I would have never thought to use them for a rental car. Almost half price.

I am assuming some of the sites are like priceline and you do not know which rental car company you are going to get?

Those are the prices for renting in the next 30 days, sounds like to me. Check with Carrentals.com. They usually have good rates when booking months in advance. Also if you go to www.Nationalcar.com, and sign up for their Emerald Club (free), if you book a mid-size car, you can get a SUV and any other car for the same price (if one/arger/premium car is available). You just pick any car in the Emerald Aisle that you want.

Two suggestions:

1. Investigate a 1-way rental with Thrifty from MCO with a return to "CAPE CANAVERAL, FL, USA". I "think" I read or saw somewhere that the Cape Canaveral Thrifty office http://www.thrifty.com/local/index.aspx?LocationCode=MU2 will drive you to the cruise terminal. It may be worth a phone call to them to find out. Try Thrifty, using the Orlando Magicard corporate # 004M001010 to get good rates. You may print out your Orlando Magicard here:http://www.orlandoinfo.com/magicard

2. Check prices and discounts using Car Rental Savers http://www.carrentalsavers.com

Here's what I've done in the past. Sign up for Avis's Wizard program using the AWD a113400 code, reserve an car (pick different one's per price) from MCO with drop off at Cape Canaveral. When you get to MCO your car will be waiting for you in the parking lot with keys already in it (look for your name on the board with car location) Exit the parking garage showing your drivers licence. Use the code without signing up for Wizard to see what you'd pay. Good luck!

Oj

We have been finding similar price hikes. We are flying into Tampa, and the one way rental from Tampa to Canaveral will be about $36 (economy), but the return from Canaveral to Tampa will be around $80 (economy also). But when you get right down to it, it is still much cheaper and way more convenient than most other options out there.

When I use other websites,as advised above, it will not let me select Port Canaveral as a different drop off location????? What am I to use? It looks like there are only airport codes to choose from. I do not want to return it to MCO:confused:

The prices are way lower just using these sites, I would have never thought to use them for a rental car. Almost half price.

I am assuming some of the sites are like priceline and you do not know which rental car company you are going to get?

Try using "Cape Canaveral" rather than Port.

Mike

Archived