Lord Sheffield

gonna go cruising

This is a good question.

Do you just relax and enjoy the ride?

Is it like a TOUR of the town and beaches on water?

For those who have gone, please give us tidbits of what you did when you weren't swimming/snorkeling.

With all the good reviews I'm tempted to do this. Thanks.

First let me say that I have not yet sailed on Lord Sheffield, We are booked for April 4. But it is my understanding that you are sailing for the rest of the time, along the coast. To get to your destination and then back. I think the swimming stop is the only stop. I think that stop is where you get lunch also. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

You sail down with the wind. Lunch is served on the way down and on the way back. Or as long as the food lasts. GREEEEEEAT Ribs. On the way back the engine is used as you will be going against the wind. Enjoy

Since you have been on it before, do you have any idea how deep the water is when you are allowed to jump in off the crows nest? Is this the same time you are anchored and noodling?

Thanks!

Was on the Lord Sheffield a week ago. Highlight of a two week cruise on the Golden! Second the comments on the ribs! They were heavenly! Wonderful friendly Canadian crew. Water was fairly deep where we stopped, but even I as a non-swimmer jumped in the water! We were at the beach about an hour, sailed down, motored back. Can't say enough good about this! Please say hello to Rob from thebrat99!

Since you have been on it before, do you have any idea how deep the water is when you are allowed to jump in off the crows nest? Is this the same time you are anchored and noodling?

Thanks!

When they anchor for "noodling" the water is about 15ft. deep. I don't know if that's where/when you can jump from the crows nest, but I'd venture a guess it is.

From what I've read, you get back at 3:15, so I wouldn't think you'd have enough time to go to another beach. Great Bay Beach is close to the dock area which may be a possibility, depending on when your ship leaves. I'm guessing your sailing time/swimming times are about right. I'm going in 3 weeks so I'll know for sure then.

Archived