All day tour booked - no lunch

gsarnow

We did this tour too, and really there wasn't much extra time for a lunch stop. I think you'd have to cut something out to do this.

We brought along packaged energy-type bars and packaged nuts. We stopped for soft drinks once, and brought water along. There are a few snacks available at some of the sites, especially Titou Gorge, but we didn't buy any.

Since we're usually overly full anyway from all the cruise food, a meal missed didn't hurt us. We brought the snacks just in case of a low-sugar or low energy episode during the day.

I don't know whether you are interested in bringing a few things with you from home or not, but what we did for Alaska is: I bought (and brought) those little tuna/chicken salad and cracker packs, cheese peanut butter crackers, trail mix, little packs of peanuts, granola bars, and even packaged fruit cups etc. They don't take up that much room and when they are gone, you have guaranteed space for souvenirs on the way home. They will let you off the ship with packaged food, but nothing fresh. It was very helpful for us to have those and we really enjoyed them after hiking etc. Hope that helps and gives you a few ideas. Have a wonderful time!! I can't wait! Oh yea I just remembered, they also usually have those individual peanut butter cups at breakfast along with jelly. You could take some of those with some pre-packaged crackers. FWIW

Thanks everyone! We leave next week and are excited about the tour with Levi...it sounds like a great day for breakfast on the balcony...

Just off the Equinox and had a GREAT tour with Levi. He is so fun! We made sure to have a hearty breakfast with protein and fiber (eggs, wheat toast, fruit, yogurt, etc). We had brought power bars with us from home for this particular day, which worked out well for us. He provides drinks (water, soda, beer), so you don't have to worry about that. Have fun!

Archived