Don't put medications in airline checked luggage

DAllenTCY

Again, Sail, Thank you! A great idea made even better. I bet I have some velcro dots or strips in my sewing case...it would take but a minute to stitch it on the machine.

I've only been on 3 HAL cruises, the fourth coming up in March on the Noordam. So I'm going to "upgrade" those 3 totes!:)

We were caught off guard a few years ago when we had to hand over our carryons before boarding one of those small commuter-type planes because there wasn't sufficient space onboard for storage. The flight attendants were simply standing by the door of the plane with a luggage rack, and they asked for our bags. There was no name tag or claim check of any kind....and no time to think about what we had in the bags.

When we walked off the plane, there was the luggage rack, and we just grabbed our bags and headed into the airport. The airline people were standing around laughing and talking with each other and not paying any attention to who was taking which bag. Someone deplaning before us could easily have picked up our bags by accident or on purpose.

Now when I make airline reservations and learn that we are booked on one of those "baby" planes, I carry an extra large tote bag instead of a handbag to make sure our valuables and necessities never leave our sight.

You know, it is so easy for us "experienced" travelers to forget that what we take for common sense may be completely foreign to new travelers. Of course, some folks are just clueless and others think that nothing will go wrong for them (us experienced folks know that things often go wrong).

What really irks me is when you TELL someone what to do (or not do) when traveling is completely ignored and then the person has a problem and they just do not get it.

Archived