Princess Transfers to the airport in Beijing

MsDolly

I am wondering if it's possible to use the cruiselines transfers at the end of our cruisetour from our hotel to the airport with our flights not leaving until 4PM. I know that we get breakfast and then say goodbye to our tour guide and driver but if you have ship's transfers could you hang out in the hotel/city until checkout before leaving for the airport?

If we had to leave for the airport right after breakfast that would make for a long day at the airport. Not sure that it would be worth the cost of the transfers to be inconvenienced that way, better to spend the money on a cab.

That brings up another question what would it cost to go from the City center to the airport if we did it on our own???

Bel

I am wondering if it's possible to use the cruiselines transfers at the end of our cruisetour from our hotel to the airport with our flights not leaving until 4PM. I know that we get breakfast and then say goodbye to our tour guide and driver but if you have ship's transfers could you hang out in the hotel/city until checkout before leaving for the airport?

If we had to leave for the airport right after breakfast that would make for a long day at the airport. Not sure that it would be worth the cost of the transfers to be inconvenienced that way, better to spend the money on a cab.

That brings up another question what would it cost to go from the City center to the airport if we did it on our own???

Bel

I know nothing about the Princess transfers but will make a guess that they will leave for the airport by no later than 10AM.

Taxi/hotel car service should run you NO MORE than $40 to the airport PER CAR, not pp. Hotel car service is usually a few dollars more than arranging with your own. This is a service I have used a few times in Beijing (although I generally stay at the Beijing Hotel-now Raffles Beijing-and they provide transport in executive level room packages) http://www.tour-beijing.com/airport/

Thanks for your input.

Going on our own may be the way to go given that the cost of the transfers will amount to the same amount of money and we'll have control of what time we arrive at the airport.

Still wondering how long the drive is though???

You can get answers to your question at Trip Advisor. If I were doing this, I'd take the train into Beijing (much quicker than the road), spend some time in Beijing, and then take a prearranged taxi (you could book one at a hotel) to the airport.

Thanks Maryann, we'll already be on a cruise line tour, so my concern was for the end of the cruise. I think a car service from the hotel will be the answer for us as our flight is latter in the day.

I read online that it takes 1-2 hours depending on traffic to get from the hotel to the airport.

Archived