Poll: Which Princess ship is your favorite?

Kimidfw

So far, we have sailed on these Princess ships:

Diamond

Coral

Emerald

Golden

In July, we will board the Star.

They are ALL my favorites. I agree with others who have mentioned that it just "feels like home" when you are on a Princess ship. I love that moment when you first board the ship. It is so fun!

We've only been on one Princess cruise which was on the Emerald Princess over this past Thanksgiving. We absolutely loved the ship. And, Princess quickly rose to the top of our list of cruiselines too. We came home after our cruise and we scheduled another cruise for April on the Emerald Princess in the very same cabin. We loved everything about the ship, including the crew, the cabin, the restaurants, everything. We love that the ship is large but you don't feel like there are very many people on the ship. We never experienced any crowds and never had to wait to be seated at dinner (anytime dining). We've always admired the hard work of the crew on all of the ships we've been on in the past, but we just felt like the Emerald Princess crew just worked their tails off to make our cruise fabulous. We loved our room steward and hope by some slim chance that we might get him again. We would recommend the Emerald Princess to anyone.

Thanks for the positive comments. We'll be on the Emerald ( our first Princess ship) next May sailing in the Baltic. Have to admit I was a bit reluctant switching ships ( was orig. booked on the Celebrity Constellation). We're also trying anytime dining for the first time.

We love the sun class ships and have been on the Sun 5 times. Love the size of that ship! By the way, Happy New year to all CC members1 We board the Ruby in Feb to complete the cruises we had to change due to me needing surgery. I am doing OK and looking forward to Feb 27th.

• 4 months later...

I'll have to get back to you after I try out the Sapphire on the Vancouver to Seattle 1-day this weekend, but of the two I've sailed so far, I'd have to say I like the Star a little bit better.

I don't see an actual poll, so will just type it. The SUN PRINCESS above all others is our favorite Princess ship (and class of ship). Not too big, not too small...........just right! :) :)

Sun Class are mine and wife's favs! Second would be the Diamond/Saffire followed by the Grand/Star, then Crown and lastly the Caribbean.

Haven't sailed on the smaller ships or the Island/Coral, but my guess is that those would move to the head of the list once we do.

I've been on the old Royal (which I loved) and the Regal, but not the Sun Class. What makes them so special? Do I need to take an Aussie trip?:D

I've been on the old Royal (which I loved) and the Regal, but not the Sun Class. What makes them so special? Do I need to take an Aussie trip?

A smaller ship (less than 2000 passengers) with all the bells and whistles of the Grand Class Ships . Sanctuary, Movies Under the Stars etc. We love the mini suites on this ship!

I've been on the old Royal (which I loved) and the Regal, but not the Sun Class. What makes them so special? Do I need to take an Aussie trip?:D

You don't need to head to Australia to sail on a Sun-class ship... try the 10-day Alaska voyage from San Francisco on the Sea Princess!

The Sun-class were very innovative ships for their time. The forward-facing buffet, wide Promenade deck, classy 4-story Atrium... they're just great ships. The Island/Coral are evolutionary updates of the Sun-class. Of the ships that I've been on my favorites in order are: Island/Coral Princess, Dawn/Sea Princess, Sapphire Princess, Golden Princess, Crown Princess and Caribbean Princess. But that's not to say that I didn't enjoy the Caribbean Princess...:) We'll be sailing on her again in July!

We have only sailed on the grand class of ship (Diamond, Sapphire, Golden, Ruby). I think we will return for our next cruise on a smaller ship and try that. We have enjoyed the large ships because of the Piazzas, the extra number of passengers (imagine that!) and the familiarity we have with the deck plans. MUTS was a very enjoyable feature on the Caribbean cruise.

When Regal Princess was in the fleet this was an easy answer. Now I'm not so sure - I do like the Sun Class ships but the original Grand Sisters are fine and they aren't particularly overwhelming. I just finished a cruise on Sapphire and while I thought her an excellent ship, she didn't seem to possess the same enveloping warmth as her sisters. I suppose now Grand is a whole different ballgame.

I did like Pacific Princess, but found the old Renaissance interiors to be a little heavy and the ships don't ride heavy seas very well.

I guess I'm stuck - Regal Princess then and now.

You don't need to head to Australia to sail on a Sun-class ship... try the 10-day Alaska voyage from San Francisco on the Sea Princess!

The Sun-class were very innovative ships for their time. The forward-facing buffet, wide Promenade deck, classy 4-story Atrium... they're just great ships. The Island/Coral are evolutionary updates of the Sun-class. Of the ships that I've been on my favorites in order are: Island/Coral Princess, Dawn/Sea Princess, Sapphire Princess, Golden Princess, Crown Princess and Caribbean Princess. But that's not to say that I didn't enjoy the Caribbean Princess...:) We'll be sailing on her again in July!

Thanks for the info! I have to say that I also love the Island. Love the Promenade, library, aft dipping pool, and the lower passenger number. I would love the IC and Sanctuary on her. (It has been a few years since I sailed on her) Although I enjoyed my Pacific Princess cruise, I could have used a few more bells & whistles. :) Grand Class is great too.

I love the Emerald. I think she is my favorite so far.... :)

have to agree!!! Loved it so much we are repeating a carribean trip 3/2012....

Been on the Ruby, Grand, Coral and Emerald...and loved them all, but Emerald was our favorite :)

We've been on the Caribbean, Star, and Ruby Princess. I think my favorite was the Star Princess because there were fewer passengers and the staff was a little more friendly and attentive. But, all 3 ships and cruises were wonderful.

Archived